What do you do with your old wedding ring?

I know you don't usually have two, but my husband got me a second one. We married out of high school and got quite cheap rings. In the past few years he sold a few pieces of software for millions and a few weeks ago he got me a ridiculously expensive ring.

But I don't know I kinda grew attached to the old one. I don't really want to put it down, but 3 rings on one finger is too much too, so what would you do with it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would keep the old one, give back the new one. The old ring symbolizes your love for him even when he didn't have as much money, and that matters even more now that he has a lot of money.

Through good or bad, through rich or poor, you made your fist vows on that ring, no shimmering diamond or fancy new gold ring will ever replace that, at least not to me.

• well it was a gift and you don't give back gifts. If he wanted to buy it, then that's on him

What Guys Said 3

• Maybe you could get some sort of case and display it somewhere. Or wear that one, on a different finger.

• Solder your and his first rings together and get a high quality picture frame made that would hold your rings as a central part of its design. Put your favorite wedding picture in the frame and place it as a central feature in a preferred room of your home. Other than that you would have to have the old one soldered onto your new ring or tring, as you may want to call it now.

• Other hand, or wear it on a chain around your neck?

• no I'm not a jewellery person. I got used to the rings, but other than that, it's just uncomfortable

What Girls Said 1

• that happened with my enagagment ring. My fiance got my old one connected to my new one and ists completly amazing.

• oh ya, that's a cool idea

• i couldn't part with my old one even after I got my dream one. so now I get both lol and get compliments on how cool it is and it has a sweet story behind it. as much as I love the new one the old one is the one he propsed to me with so I can't part with it.