What qualities do you look for in a potential husband/ wife and why?
Most Helpful Girl
1. Communication skills- we need to be able to talk casually, openly and honestly about absolutely anything without getting into a fight.
2. Best Friends- We need to be best friends. Not each others' only best friend but one of each others' best friends. That's the only way long term love works.
3. Smart OR willing to learn. He doesn't need to know everything, he doesn't need to be super intelligent, he doesn't need to have a college or high school degree, I just need to be able to have an intelligent conversation with him. Whether that means he's contributing or just asking questions or listening and learning it doesn't matter. I'd do the same for him so I'd like him to be that way for me.
4. Kind/caring/loving/all that shit. I need someone who is empathetic, open and kind. Someone who will be caring, who will talk about their feelings openly and who expresses themselves. Also someone who isn't afraid to show how much they care. I'd do the same, of course.
5. Someone who is willing to work through our problems. Who won't just give up because the going might get tough.
6. Someone who is willing to ask for help.
7. Someone who isn't too clingy or needy. We both should have our own lives and our own friends and we don't, and shouldn't, do every single thing together.
8. Someone who's nerdy and likes comics and video games and D&D and MTG and all that.
9. Someone who is of average build, no six-packs or washboard abs. I want a normal guy, even someone a little overweight is fine. Also body hair, I want a medium amount of body hair.
10. Someone who respects me, who admires me. And I want someone who I respect and admire as well.
11. Someone who is a good team player, splitting bills, sharing responsibilities, such and the like.
12. Someone who pushes me and helps me to be my best, as I will for them.
That's all I can think of right now...0