Would it be smart for a guy who's rich to get married ever?

Simple question. Do you think it would be smart for a rich guy to marry? I don't think its a good idea for a guy to marry especially any woman that has less than them .

• Yes it would be smart
  • No it wouldn't at all.
  • Only if the S.O. was rich too.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its never smart for any guy to get married.

What Girls Said 12

• Is he a good man who wants a good wife? Yes, there are gold diggers out there, but you'd be surprised how many women actually aren't.

Society wants men to believe that all women want is their money, which isn't true at all.

So if said man finds a woman he loves and who loves him, yes, he should marry her.

• I don't know one rich guy who got married that didn't get cleaned out and divorced .

• Wealthy men are a dime a dozen.

The average guy is more likely to get dragged into court because there is no incentive to staying with him.

Old money tends to marry as a social contract. It's keeping your status, marriage is something you don't do.

New money, well, they're stupid to begin with.

Poor people, I'd assume they stay together for financial reasons.

Everyone in between, too much money to be poor, too little money to be rich.

There is no right answer to this question, although I know all of the poor guys on here are paranoid that a woman will take them for the nothing that they have. Realistically, it depends on the couple.

• Doesn't matter if he's rich or poor, it matters if he's in love

• Yes even he has a Right to marry but he should choose carefully

• So would it be the same for a women, that a women shouldn't marry a man with less money than her. I think if some guy is really that paranoid then maybe he should just get a prenup.

• If he had her sign a pre nup he doesn't have a thing to worry about.

• if he met the woman then why not but he shouldn't let people or her know he is rich

• Only with a prenup

• If you happen to get rich just sign a pre nup. Rich men and rich women do it all the time.

• Well why not? If you love them, you love them. No matter how rich or poor they are or you are. What's the difference between a rich guy getting married and a poor guy getting married? The fact that one has more money? Let me tell you something, hun. Money doesn't buy everything.

• Only with a pre-nup.

• That's what pre-nups are for..

and think about it this way even if you don't get married and you do have a kid and you're rich she can still take you for all you've got ^_^. So if you're rich it's a lose-lose

• Not really . If you pay your child support and/ or get joint or full custody you'll be fine. Plus most women aren't going to sign prenups

• Most GOLD DIGGERS aren't going to sign prenups. If a woman loves you then she should understand you taking the precaution. It's like using a condom. Nothing against her personally, but just taking precautions against STDs.

and child support is measured in percentage so you're still gonna be shelling out a good amount depending on how rich you are

• To prove my point Ludacris just got hit with a child support claim of $7,000 a month (it was originally $15,000 that she wanted.. they settled on 7). He's trying to get full custody, but then he's going to have to take care of a kid that he didn't even know that he had until pretty recently.

So, I mean that just goes to show you can get screwed either way.

What Guys Said 3

• Nothing said of love, or how much he cares for her? Just, "Never get married because you are rich"? Are you aware there are other reasons for committing your life to someone else that doesn't involve money?

Are you aware that there are matters of the heart that are deeper than all the money in the world?

• Yes, I've actually never met a girl who gave a shit about money... Infact when I earned more I was dating less, I get that it might be more common depending where you're from, but that's what a prenup is for.

• And you were probably working more that's why you dated less.

• Oh you're not in America. I hear women overseas aren't really golddiggers like that.

• I'm Irish, I'd say there are still a few gold-diggers here it's just not hugely common... I so love eastern European girls though.

• I suggest joining a monastery or a cult. All women are gold diggers! 5 stars to you pal. You sir are special!

• Did I even say that ALL women are gold diggers? I ASKED if it would be smart for a rich guy to get married ever.

• NOOOO it would not be smart :P