What's the perfect age to get married?

So what's the perfect age to get married? I'm just wondering.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on your goals in life and what you want to do. The more you wish to do outside the home, in terms of career, travel, etc., the longer you should wait. I'm 24 and there's really no way in hell I could be married right now. Unless it were the type of marriage where the guy didn't mind if I went wherever I wanted to go in the world at a moments notice. Not many men are like that, which honestly begs the question of whether or not I will ever be married. I have consistently entertained the idea of having a child on my own when I am ready and financially stable and mature enough. Its something I have accepted. I don't know if all types of women are really meant to be married, considering how gender roles typically are. As long as I had a support network of reliable friends, family, a nanny, and I could work from home a bit when the baby is young, I could be happy raising a child on my own. I'm not delusional about the difficulty of that vs being a couple, and my parents don't like the idea lol But even they have to concede that someone like me may find it difficult if I don't eventually fall in line. And its quite hard to imagine myself at a point where a relationship comes before my career or goals and desires in life. That's the wrong type of woman to be married.

ramble!

Anyway...I think it depends on what you want from life, what are your long term and immediate goals, when you want to have children, etc. But definitely having a good foundation in terms of finances and lifestyle is most important to having children, if that's what you want. Maturity and understanding of your partner, communication, knowing yourself and who you are and what you want and then if that matches what your partner wants and who they are - those are probably the most important things to consider for marriage alone. What type of marriage you have will be based on that

Id say for me, I could be married in my 30s, but I still won't be in the mode to "settle down" really. Alternative lifestyle lol But I could be a single woman, just me and my little baby and my career. I don't have a huge problem with that. Would LIKE to find a guy who matches me, buuuuut not sure that he exists or if he does, probably will be taken by the time I'm ready for a serious relationship.

What Guys Said 10

• Hard to say, it depends on how mature you are and where you are financially.

Its also important to consider children. When you're in your early 20s, its much easier to get pregnant than in your 30s. Once you get past about 35, the risk of things like Down's syndrome starts to increase. When you're younger you also have much more energy, so that makes taking care of children younger than 1st grade less difficult. If you want to have more than one or two children, its best to have your first probably no later than 25.

If you're not interested in children then you have more leeway as far as age, but keep in mind its easier to find the best quality husband when you're younger, because men typically prefer women who are a little younger than themselves.

For men, its probably best late 20s to mid 30s because at that point you've got a career going and are better positioned to take care of a family, and you're more likely to have some money saved up. You're also in greater demand at that age because women often prefer men who are a little older than themselves.

• Your answer sounds a lot like my parents and other relatives and mentors when they ask how are we doing and if we have plans for the future. Awesome answer! Wish there were more thinking the same, especially girls, heck I'm 21 and still no boyfriend and still looking to make a good name for myself and my family

• There is not really a perfect age. It's more about how the two people feel about each other and what they have in store for their future. Marriage is a very big step. A lot of differences take place. It's important for the couple to know whether they are ready to take that step. Do they have a plan? Career, finances, living location, kids, etc.

• Yeah, there's no perfect age. It varies by person. Personally, I don't think anyone should get married until they're financially and emotionally stable.

• When ever the women I feel I should spend the rest of my life with appears marriage and love has no time clock.

• For me probably in my 30s sometime.. if I ever feel like doing something like that :)

• 26-30

• I think if you feel that you are ready and truly love the person you are with,you will feel which is the best moment to get married??

• 30 or below anything higher is to creepy.

• For women? Around 25.

For men? After 35.

• That's like asking what is the perfect flavor of ice cream.

What Girls Said 13

• It depends on mental maturity, not age.

What's right for you may not be right for someone else.

• I don't know because obviously it's relative. But for me I'd like to be married by the time I'm 25. Will that happen? idk, I can't control fate. But I'd like for it to happen.

• When people are mature enough to commit.

I know I'm ready to get married now, and I'm only 22. But I know people my age that are so damn stupid.

• I think 28-35.

• It varies by each maturity level.

• They say 25 but it really depends on the person.

• I think at age 26 and older

• 35 around then.

• I'm not sure there is a perfect age.

• 26 or around there I would think

• Personally I think its 30 becasue all that messing around would be out of my system and hopefully his would be as well.

• It varies per person, but I don't think most people under 21 are mature enough.

• It depends on the individual but for the vast majority I'd say 18-23 for both males and females but ESPECIALLY females. I think after that it becomes more and more difficult to not only find a partner both interested in marriage and suitable for marriage but also maintain a marriage, especially for females.

I suspect the impending downvotes, because that's what happens any time someone even suggests anyone get married before having one foot in the grave.