So like, do women EXPECT their BF to propose after a few years?

like is it EXPECTED and after a couple years has gone by are you thinking "when's he going to pop the question?"

also, thoughts on NEVER getting married just staying together as if you were

i mean if you're together forever what's the point of the marriage license?

Most Helpful Girl

• So like, do women EXPECT their BF to propose after a few years?
    Some do and some don't. In my opinion the logical ones don't considering how it seems marriage is a sh*t deal for gals and seems to make them much less happier than single and divorced gals and most likely they'd end up leaving the marriage then enduring it and at best seemingly just be content not happy.

Again for some as I find some gals unlike guys think of relationships as progressive and moving towards a goal with the person in their life as a partner not just a friend they hang out with and fuck.

Meh in my opinion the suited mindset is just replacing guys when they get old or start lacking in the wealth/status not just staying together. To me heterosexual relationships are basically some guy f*cking a gal on occasion and considering the orgasm gap it seems logical for a gal to not get stuck being f*cked by one guy and use male sexual desire to her best.

To me this is akin to a gal telling a guy that if they're having sex what's the point of having sex at a frequency that's sufficient enough for him. A marriage license gives the perception of solidarity a legally binding commitment.

What Girls Said 4

• if he's actually serious about her, which she'd like him to be, then yes of course that is the expectation.

i get into a serious relationship so that it can reach that stage where we can get married and begin a life together…. marriage is a bond, greater than that of just being together. it makes u one. of course, if one is not religious, this will sound like nonsense- but there it is. marriage transcends most human bonds in my opinion. its probably one of the strongest there is=]

• I expect it. But more like within 10 years as opposed to like 3. Also I don't have sex before marriage so I don't expect him to take nicely to hearing me say, "Well, we're not married so no sex." 'Cause that mentality of mine is not going to change.

• If it seems like a serious marriage and things are going really well. But of course I expect a proposal if we have already lived together.

• Only if things are going well but if it doesn't feel right don't push it or pressure yourself

What Guys Said 1

• My girl knows not to expect marriage from me. It's a load of pointless bollocks.