Asked to be a bridesmaid for someone who thinks I'm their friend?

I used to be close to this person, but we fell out. We barely talk. Today she sprung on me that she wants me to be one of her bridesmaids. From what I know about her relationship, I don't think she should get married. I also don't want to be the bridesmaid. But she doesn't have any friends to be her bridesmaid. And the whole situation just seems sad to me.

Out of pity, I said yes. But I'm kind of regretting saying yes. Can I take it back and tell her no? Or should I just suck it up and go through with it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow. That's crazy.
    If I were you I would go through with it and then never speak to her again like how you were doing before.

• Yeah, I already said yes, so I guess it would be dickish on my end to pull out. Kinda pissed that I'll have to spend money on clothes for the wedding though.

• Lol I didn't notice I even said that!

Yeah, thats what I'll do. Thanks

• Thank you. My aunt was in this same position not too long ago.

What Guys Said 1

• I would probably do it.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should just suck it up and do what needs to be done, but then after the wedding go about your life as it were before.