(Ladies) if finances permit, would you let your husband buy a sports car?

Lets say you are married and where doing well financially, would you let your husband buy a car like a Porsche or Corvette?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure. As long as he knows how to handle the finances and the purchase doesn't throw us into debt then I don't care.

What Girls Said 5

• Sure, if it makes him happy and if our finances allow it. My dad has had two different Porsche cars (not at the same time though) and I loved both of them. I think cars are cool, even though I don't know much about them. I guess it kind of runs in the family since my grandpa loves cars, and has been fixing and building his own cars since he was young. His most prized possession is probably his Bentley, that he fixed with his own hands. I think it's adorable! :)

• I would not mind at all, as long as it didn't throw us into complete debt over the long term (insurance, maintenance, and fuel are expensive for sports cars here).

He has to let me drive it, though. I love cars!

• I think it's extravagant and superfluous, but he can do what he wants with his money.

• What if it was his passion? Not everyone who buys a nice car wants to show off.

• No, I understand that. I mean, it's fine because it's his money. Realistically I probably wouldn't be with someone like that in the first place though.

• ya of course. but my future husband would rather buy a lifted truck.. either way. YES

• If I can have my rock crawler, he can have his "my dick isn't that small" car.

• Why does anyone who enjoys fast cars have the label "small penis" that's unfair.

• Its not about the car being fast, its about it being really expensive and flashy.

• It's still an nfair assumption, but it's your opinion.

What Guys Said 3

• It's going to vary with how the finances are constructed in the relationship. In a marriages assuming there is a joint bank account and then remaining finances are in separate accounts there shouldn't be any complaints if nothing is taken out of the joint account.

• That's not even her business. I'll bring enough money home for the family and her, so I of course can get my sports car if I want. I still won't, because I'd rather invest in a few guns and ammo (the one thing you never have enough), computers and maybe a motor cycle.

• Yeah I know what you mean I guess it can apply to anything you like, but Im into cars so I was just wondering.

• My wife would surely not mind, if I buy one. Hope that answers the question :D

• I would, since it is my money. I would spend it on something I like, right? Budget would determine it though. If I didn't have a lot I would get a Scion FR-S, if I did I might get a BMW 3 or 5 series.