What do you think of having a wedding where kids aren't allowed? Would you be offended?

I've read about people having child free weddings and receptions, and how a lot of people were extremely offended that their children couldn't go and I don't see why.

Would this offend you? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• It wouldn't bother me any. I'd be more offended if I was the bride and people were complaining about how I planned MY wedding. It's not the guests special day and if the bride and groom don't want children there then that's perfectly fine.

• I've always seen plenty of crying and/or screaming kids at weddings so I can totally understand why they might not want kids there.

What Guys Said 3

• Wouldn't offend me. Kids are a handful after all; they're always running amok. It's bad form for some parents to think that their kids are God's gift to the world...

• My friends had a wedding a couple of years ago that was mostly kid free. I can understand that because kids don't understand formal events and are loud and annoying as hell at times.

• as long as you aren't offended when those with kids don't show up, i guess it's fine.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't see that as being offensive (the couple can choose whoever they want and don't want to be at the wedding). I personally just don't see the need for that though. Coming from a large extended family I'm used to seeing a bunch of kids at weddings and receptions. Then again my family is very close so I can't imagine the children in our family not coming to family gatherings or weddings. Unless you're planning on having a very uptight, prim and proper wedding or strippers at the reception it seems unnecessary to make it child-free.

• It wouldn't offend me. However, the people having the wedding would have to be understanding if I couldn't find childcare and, therefore, couldn't attend the wedding.

• www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q947177-opinion-what-do-you-think-of-child-free-weddings

I answered this one back then. I usually don't pay much attention to repeats but it's such an unusual question here the it sprung to mind. There's a lot of answers so it might be useful.

• No, because I don't have kids bahahaha
    But in all seriousness, if they care about the to-be-married couple, they can leave their kids at home for once in their lives. It's a special day for the couple, so they can have the courtesy to not bring their kids along. No matter what parents might say, kids can be huge spoiled brats and ruin a good party. To me, it would be perfectly understandable if the couple didn't want kids around.