Do you think it's important to wear your wedding ring?

I have never seen my dad wear his wedding ring, but my mom always wears hers. However, my dad also cheats like it's his job. Not speculating, it's just entirely obvious (just apparently not to my mom, though she may just be turning a blind eye).

Anyway, do you think it's a big deal? I would think everybody would say yes.

• Yes!
  • No, it's not a big deal.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think it's important to wear one's wedding ring at all times (except when washing hands, in the shower, etc)

What Girls Said 6

• Wearing your wedding ring is a symbol of the commitment and love you and your partner have for each other so anytime you decide not to wear it you are basically challenging that notion. It usually means you don't give a shit anymore because what the ring symbolizes has no value to you. So yes, for me it's a big deal. I would always wear my ring and in turn want my partner to wear it. At least if our marriage still means what it meant when we took our vows.

• I think its important however people usually stop wearing them after being married for a certain number of years.

• Yes, because it lets people know you're taken.

• YES! It shows that you have a deep love for one person, commitment and loyalty.

• I'm not married but if I was I would always wear it.

• YES OF COURSE WTF

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, I've been married for 11 years and I would feel that I married the wrong girl who didn't want wear her wedding ring. The wedding ceremony is a public symbol that you are married and so is the ring. If don't wear the ring I would take you as not mature enough to be in a marriage and won't let go of immature past lives. You are starting a new mature life.

• However, you don't have to wear it during showers, washing hands, sleeping, garden/farm work etc.