Being in love vs being in love with the idea of love?

And from past relationships, how are you able to tell the difference? How do you know you are in love as opposed to being in love with the idea of love? How do you separate the two? The reason I ask is because a friend of mine recently got engaged to someone she has been with for less than 8mths and I'm a bit concerned that what she is feeling isn't necessarily love but something else. I just don't want her to make a huge mistake that's all.

0|0
1|3

Most Helpful Guy

• Being in love with someone is to desire a deeper connection and intimacy with them. It will hopefully cause you to examine what kind of person they are and what you would have to do in order to attain that connection, not just how to ask them out, but how you can understand what makes them who they are, i. e., their values, their personality, their wants and needs, etc.

Being in love with the idea of love means that you're more interested in being in a relationship rather than being in a relationship with the right person. You focus more on yourself and what you want rather than how you would unite yourself with the other person.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Being in love is a connection with that person that you care so much for them and they just make you so happy and all these amazing feelings. Being in love with the idea of being in love is like wanting a bf/gf just to have one

0|0
    0|0
  • Being in love sucks. Being in love with the idea of being in love is hopelesness.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• This a great question. Most of the people are not in love. They like idea of it. If you are in love someone there is no ego in it. You want him /her happy. You can tell how she looks at him, how she treats him. Love is behind being selfish.

0|0
    0|0