Cousins marrying, Is that weird?

Is it weird for cousins to marry each other? question too shorrrt

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't do it, because I think it's disgusting. But in my view, it should be legal and I don't think it's immoral. In fact, in my country (England) it is legal, though it's common only among Muslims.

The subject of birth defects is often raised, but most people don't know that the risk is actually rather small. For non-cousin couples the risk of a child having birth defects is 3%. For a couple of first cousins, the risk is 1.7% to 2.8% higher than that, which is the same increase as for any woman over age 40. Yet, it isn't taboo for women over 40 to have children, even though some doctors warn against it.

What Guys Said 8

• Well, it's not illegal... but imagine how complex some of the family relations would become. Your aunt would also become your mother in law etc...

www.courthouselibrary.ca/.../...sin_in_Canada.aspx

Love is something bizarre and I can imagine that if your cousin would be the "love of your life" you could consider doing it anyway but at least the reactions of your relatives would be weird!

• I don't think so. I had a big crush on my cousin at one point. It was kinda mutual. I remember even looking it up, and finding out you can marry your first cousin in 25% of the states in the US. So it can't be that weird!

• if thats what they want, whos to stop them? who people can or can't or do and dont love is specifically controlled by the person who is loving another, no one else has any right to tell them not to.

• Actually I am from Tennessee, and I have never heard of that happening here. so yes i think it is weird

• only if by blood

• first cousins yes but not cousins cousin

• Yeah... unless you're in West Virginia

• It's weird unless you're from West Virginia

• Is every one genetically related there?

• Yeah, my dad is from there. I was born with 6 fingers on my left hand.

What Girls Said 6

• i think it is a little… i know friends whose parents r like that, altho back in that day it was normal.
    now it would b kinda weird… like really? out of everyone in the world?

haha i wouldn't understand it but hey if they love each other and theyre happy then thats all that matters:P

• It is but lots of people don't want to acknowledge its weird. It also depends what culture accepts it as being normal too. Traditional cultures in middle east might not find it weird at all.

• Not really its common in my culture

• I don't care.

But I'd never marry any of mine. lol

• It seems kinda incest in my opinion.

• Yes it is super weird. I'm pretty close with most of my cousins, and I just cannot imagine why anyone would find their cousin hot/attractive enough to marry? That's just fucked up.

• like of all people that you can pick, you'd go with your COUSIN? Lol I'm sorry that's just weird (and I'm using "you" in a general sense)