Peoples infatuation with marriage i don't get it?

I see posts here talking about when to get married, the time line. Marriage problems etc. I have been with the same woman for 20 years, we are best friends. 50/50 partners in everything and getting married is the furthest thing from both of our minds. Besides if there was any issues its easier to walk away then have to go through the divorce BS and hand money to a lawyer.
So what is everyone's Infatuation with Marriage?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you are very focused on the negative aspect of it. Yes it is easier to pack your thing and go but did you know after 7 years of living in the same house it is considered common law marriage and if you do split she can still take you to court for half if not more and spouse support because you do not have a marriage decree with an amendment saying who gets what in the event of a split... mmhhhhmm ain't that some shit.

I could tell you right now if you bought her a ring and got on one knee she would be over the moon with excitement. We are women and that's just how we are made.

Now to your point yes it is a piece of paper with tax benefits plus it secures many things like the ability to qualify for a home and what not. Of course not every couple needs that so its does make sense to just not get married... and if you have no kids then really again your point is valid.

So now lets get to the joyous part of such a union... Relationships are hard damn work and women tend to put up with quit a bit so at the end of it all, a man saying he wants to spend forever with you and proving as such with such a serious commitment like marriage its like getting a damn grammy. You have won the ultimate prize. So for many, someone willing to commit to them on such a level is truly enlightening.

• *enriching not enlightening

• here Google this to read the article I can't post anything yet

"This Guy Got Divorced And Said This About His Ex-Wife... And I Agree With Him."

• Thank you for your input. But the common law marriage has been dropped by many states because of the gay marriage bans some states have.

What Girls Said 3

• I agree with you generally, but it's never easy to walk away from a relationship - married or not. If a marriage doesn't work out, it could be an amicable split up or it could get nasty with the attorney, kids, etc. The same could happen if you're not legally married. I've witnessed nasty arguments over who gets to keep the PlayStation from both married and live-ins. I think that the focus should be more on how to stay together and be best friends than on whether there is a right or wrong way to do it. Congratulations! You're relationship is an inspiration!

• People were classically conditioned to believe their life was suposed to go a certain way being. Be a kid , go to school, go to college , get a job, get married, have kids, retire live happily ever after and grow old together.

• I share the same sentiments as you and that why I don't want marriage

What Guys Said 3

• Marriage pleases God and bring confort in the time of need.

A 50/50 partnership is a losers, it means you only give half when you should be giving your all.

• Parkway the 50/50 partners means I am 1/2 she is 1/2 together we make 1. Hopefully that makes sense.

• I am only saying this in a friendly way so please don't get ticked.

If you do not believe that you r living a life of sin, then there is no answer for your question.

• if he is happy then grate but whats so bad about marriage? I want my grammy im just going to put that out there

• If you do not believe that you r living a life of sin. Think that pertains to what religion you follow.

• Amazing that some religions have no concept of sin.

• chances on claiming half of the possessions of the person you marry