I'm 17 and engaged what do I do now?

My boyfriend of 2 years randomly popped the question to me and I'm 17 and he's 19. He's been talking to me about it since I've been living with him since my mom sugar coated the I'm-Kicking-You-Out stage of life now. I'm a straight A and B student with a 3.0 and have 2 jobs that I like. I understand I'm young and have that party phase but I just like to study and be with my boyfriend or should say fiance. What is like? I'm happy a lot but kind of don't know what to do with a diamond ring on my finger all the time and it's so weird saying fiance also, any suggestions?

Most Helpful Guy

• Our coach got married at 20ish and he just got married again. So unless you guys are sure, break it up. You both are too young or...You can make it work too if you try hard enough

• We are the type to sit down and work it out. When we disagree on something we compromise it out so I get what I want and he gets what he wants.

• Haha this reminded me of them. They worked things out all the way to their marriage, Do same. Nvm our coach, he's just dumb ha

What Guys Said 7

• Join a church, marriage is a sacrament and learn what is expected from you from an order who wrote the book.

Stepping into anything with the wrong principals will lead to bad. Many people think that an AC cools a room or space by blowing cold air into it, but it does not. Just like you may belive how AC works because with all your efforts, seeing, feeling, you could be wrong about marriage. Ac cools a space by removing the heat.

Good luck.

• You are too young. You aren't done growing up yet and neither is he. If it was meant to be - you'll still be together at 21 or 23. I went through those years and I guarantee I was a different person at 25 than I was as 17 and thank goodness I did not marry the girl I was with at 17.

• I think you're way too young. A lot of my mates have got married young older than what you are and it hasn't worked out perfectly for any of them. Some have got divorced early, even with kids, some are in big debt, some if the kids have problems at school, some of them have cheated on their partners. I think 17 is way too early. Im not saying it definitely won't work out but from what I've seen a lot of problems have been caused from it.

• I'm just engaged I'm not putting up a ceremony and reception anytime soon. I don't want kids

• What comes after the engagement? And then what comes after that?

• What are your plans to further your career and education?

• Your to young.

• question is, why did you say yes in the first place. no is always another option

• You are too young to get married. If you do, make sure you wait to have kids. The world doesn't need more kids from divorced parents.

• I don't want kids I personally think I have a good career choice that's flexible to take care of kids.

What Girls Said 3

• Girk you are 17! Wayy to young to be married! Most likly to end in divorce. Im just saying but if you you really love each other like you claim then whats the difference between marrying now then just waitig a couple more years to make sure your ready? Your both young your brain is still under goig a lot of changes you never know what will happen in a couple years. Id wait if I was you

• I'm just engaged I don't have the money yet to throw a ceremony or reception or even go on a honeymoon at that. We're waiting patiently for all that other stuff

• Ok well thats good just remember liam and miley were engaged for twoyears now tthey're single. Just saying.. lol bad example

• I got engaged at 18...huge mistake. Ended up dumping the guy. You change and grow a hell of a lot between that age and your early 20's. I would hold it off.

• Agreed. Stay engaged by all means but don't let it hold you back, you are still very young with plenty of good years ahead of you.

• I will stay engaged for a couple good years after I graduate college which will be early to mid 30's :D

• Aren't you too young to be engaged?