Why is weddings all about the bride when really it's about the bride and groom?

I was watching bridzillas for some odd reason and these women are crazy ass, disrespectful and unappreciative human beings. What's the whole entire purpose of a wedding if it's about the bride and not both bride and groom?

Most Helpful Guy

• Weddings have been made into insane "princess for a day" celebrations for women. Look at the crazy women who will spend 3k, 5k, or more on a dress. You can take that much money and have a nice week, two week vacation.

How much do weddings even cost on average these days? One cnn article claims it's 30k, average.

money.cnn.com/.../index.html

I don't know about you, but for 30k I think most couples could go on vacation for a good six months or more. Or buy two nice cars. Or that's a huge chunk of a mortgage...

• That's true. Women mostly buy haute couture wedding dresses like J'Aton, Inbal Dror and Pnina Tornai. Just a simple J'Aton is well over 25,000 if not more. Then the places they have it at is expensive also.

• I know rings are worthless besides many people end up getting divorced and then there's all the money you spent on a wedding is gone and wasted. I guess name brands like Simon G is what people want now. I'm fine with a 45.00 ring. Nothing more nothing less and wedding dresses I rather wear white skinny jeans and white heels walking down the aisle at least I get to wear it every day lol

• Naturally occuring colored gems like rubies and sapphires are legitimately rare. It's really only diamonds that have wildly inflated market prices.

What Guys Said 10

• It's about the bride because most guys really wouldn't go through all that planning stuff to that extent, she puts in most of the work there so it's more her thing (at least between people I know here). In a more traditional sense though based on my culture and religion though the wedding is typically thrown by the bride's side so it's more about her in that sense and the walimah (think of it like a big get together of both sides after the wedding) is thrown by the groom's side. Anyways it's still more of what the bride wants and the bride chooses what flavor cake and decorations and all that stuff in either situation.

• A wedding is a womans dream. No straight guy spends anytime thinking about his wedding day. He only wants to marry the woman he loves. Women dream about their wedding. Go through books, plan colors all that stuff. It is the brides day

• Well that's just a tv show.

But in general, guys just care less about the overall wedding and more about the girl they are marrying and the friends and family that are there to see it.

• usually its always about the bride, we aren't the lucky ones, we aren't in the spotlight. I mean since I am marrying her, she should be the center of attention and me taking a back seat

• brides want their day to be perfect and if anything goes wrong, they get upset. they tend to be perfectionists and have to realize things might go wrong

• women view it as a life long commitment, men are more lax that's why they're more prone to cheat

• Women cheat just as much as men do. Don't be naive.

• Women cheat more, also they file for divorce at twice the rate of men... what fantasy land you living in kid?

• I think it's just u white people, pffffttt, explore some other cultures bran

• Securing that future divorce check and alimony.

• Princess Syndrome.

• I think our culture has taught women to have a sense of entitlement when it comes to the wedding.

• I guess because the groom really doesn't give a shit on the same level as the bride does. Most ladies dream about "their big day" and want to make it an experience to remember. For guys, we care more about actually finding the girl and all that romantic shiz. The wedding, I guess, is the bride's way to let herself know "she's made it"?

• I do find that possible to believe that the groom doesn't actually care. I also think they are looking forward to post honeymoon sex after the reception

• Or just getting away from all those people throwing rice at them lol

• Honeymoon sex. Yes exactly. You dream about all the twisted ways you will defile your lovely bride. Loving her even more for giving you her body to do what you want with it

What Girls Said 4

• Because of the way culture has changed due to Reality Tv, Also because women have been socially conditioned to have a dream wedding. They spend years planning this shit , what color is the dress , what the menu is , do they want something stupid like a champagne fountain ( which is impossible because you would get rid of carbonation in 10 min) , The cake , every little fucking Detail

• I think its meant to be the princess and prince. The prince is not necessary in the background its just that he's showing off his bride and I think it was made like that in the olden days because back then womem were kinda made to look like property hense the idea of the dad handing his daughter to the groom

• Because women can be pretty crazy and weddings are girly things, not things most guys care much about.

• girls (including me) get too caught up in this kinda stuff