Being married in this century, is it crazy decision?

In this century is it crazy to get marry? or living together is enough?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I don't see the point in marriage, as it's limitations outweigh the benefits, from my perspective. The only legitimate reason to get married seems to be able to provide a stable environment both financially and parenting-wise in which to raise children. The only reason I would consider marrying someone, is if my partner and I both want to have kids together and are fully committed to a future with one another.

Otherwise, being in love isn't really a logical reason to get married, because I don't think that stage lasts forever -- once the love spell wears off, and two people are married, eventually they probably won't want to be with each other anymore and will start looking for someone else. That's just how it works. And marriage just makes that more difficult, as rather than just breaking up with the person, you have to go through the legal system.

If two people have fallen in love, move in together, and live compatibly for a certain amount of time, preferably over a year, and both have made plans for a future together which may or may not include kids, then I think it would make sense to get married, if the decision suits both people.

It's a big step, and I think young people these days who get married don't fully think it through beforehand, and are perhaps rushing into marriage too soon. But who am I to judge, as we all feel differently about certain things, and while I am skeptical about marriage, another person, on the other hand, might be fully confident in their beliefs which allow them to make that decision.

• Honestly.. I think it's a problem with our generation. Previous generations never had this problem, My dad and my mom are like 60. They were each others only partners and strong as ever after like 40 years of marriage.

What Guys Said 5

• If you are in love and living together well, then you might as well get married. There are many legal benefits to marriage. In addition, it can make separation a bit more difficult. If two people enter into that situation voluntarily, then it signals a great amount of commitment and gives people more incentive not to go against that commitment.

• Modern marriages are a joke there just short term leases some people keep their cars longer then their spouse now days

• yes it does not apply to western society any longer because the law does not punish divorce. The law actually encourages divorce by financial reward. Also men and women are instinctually promiscuous. We are no different to monkeys...men and women want to fuck different people not just one.

• Good for poor people with no prenup.

• Depends on your gender. Generally speaking it's crazy for men but for women it's still a pretty sweet deal.

• I don't know. Even crazy for women I feel.

• I am sorry if I ask too much. But around me, while looking your opinions, they have no clue about marriage. I am living a small society so it makes difficult even. Some get marry because if social pressure, some get marry (specifically woman) to have kids, some get marry basic for all basic needs;laundry, cleaning, etc I don't have any good example.

• My responses really only apply to the US so please keep that in mind. They may not be relevant to your situation.

In what country do you live?

What Girls Said 3

• It's a decision. As long as everyone involved is happy with it, then that's great. Unfortunately a lot of young people are very delusional about it and so it ends badly most of the times.

• For most people yes. For me and my husband no. Living together for most people is also a very crazy and stupid idea. Most people are so stupid interpersonally that they have no business trying to be in any kind of relationship. They're better off just being friends with people, and not even best friends at that. Stick to your FBW you degenerate simpletons.

• I have to say its a choice you have to make. I'm not going to sit here and tell you that marriage is some wonderful thing that don't have bad moments. Because that would be a lie. I love being married, but it's hard! Marriage takes work and if both people aren't willing to work at it it'll never work! I think in this day in time that people just get married to get married divorce is such a common thing now. I don't believe you should divorce unless there is no way to fix it, like abuse cheating and so on. Granted my husband was married before me, his ex wife asked for the divorce otherwise my husband wouldn't have done it he wasn't going to make her stay of she didn't want to. And no my husband wasn't/isn't abusive a cheater or anything like that to be honest his ex wife was the cheater and he didn't know it until years later! Marriage isn't for everyone, it between that couple to decide if it's right for them!