I want to get married soon, but my guy doesn't know this. Should I tell him this?

I want to get married soon and I want to marry my boyfriend. I haven't told him anything about it yet because I don't think he wants it to happen yet. I can wait but I really want it. I want to be with him.

Most Helpful Guy

• If he is the one and it is meant to be - what is the rush? I think you are getting your desires 'to be married' mixed with 'committing to this person long term'.

There is no harm in taking time to make sure you are making the right decision. Divorce is far more painful and complicated than breaking up. Its good you feel deeply in love and committed and if he feels the same way then he will feel the same way in 6 months or a year as he does today.

Just my.02. If he feels the same he will ask you when the time is right. It shouldn't be something you feel like rushing into. That almost makes it sound like you are afraid you might lose him to someone else and need to 'lock him down' which screams of insecurity and lack of trust that he will remain with you. If that is the case - this is already an issue that must be addressed before marriage.

• What you just said is very helpful.I am not in a rush. I just feel very much in love with him, I have never felt this feeling towards anyone. And we live so far apart ATM and if we get married we will be able to be together always.

What Guys Said 5

• If you have decided, then you should do it sooner than later. Go for it sister.

• I think that telling us before you told him is good enough reason not to get married.

• Five months? That might be a bit soon to be discussing it.

• You don't need to get married to "be with him".

• The situation is complicated, we both know that's the only thing we can do to be together now.

• That's a good basis for staying together. Not a shotgun wedding.

• OK. It's not a shotgun wedding lol.

• I say talk to him about it. If he loves you he won't be spooked.

• Yes I will talk to him about it. It's not like I'm gona force him. I'm not really rushing things. I just want him to know

What Girls Said 2

• You don't need to rush things. You're already with him, it will happens in time but if he's not ready yet, you can't force him.

• I'm not forcing him. Lol I just want to tell him but I'm afraid it'd scare him.

• how long have you been together?

• I know you'll think I'm crazy, we've only been together for 8 months. But the feelings that I have for him is very deep. I've been with my ex for 5 years and i never felt the same thing I feel for my boyfriend now. He's the one I want to grow old with.

• it may be too early, you don't want to scare him away

• I know it's still early that's why I am thinking about it, I dont want to scare him or something but when we started our relationship he already mentioned about getting married and stuff.