My girlfriend wants to get married...?

She wants to keep her wedding dress from her previous marriage is that normal? I'm not sure how I feel about that. What is the point if she will never wear it again. It wasn't a great marriage. That's why they are no longer together. She also said she thought he was the love of her life. Yet she tells me she doesn't believe two people are destined to be together nor does she believe in soul mates. Will she love me as much or more than she did for him? I don't think I could go through with getting married if she is still holding on. Any help?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's pretty normal. It was probably a gorgeous, expensive dress that she looked amazing in. Just because she likes the dress doesn't mean she's "holding on"

• She looked so beautiful in her poses and in her wedding pictures.

• Doesn't mean she doesn't want to be with you now.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't really think that anyone can tell you for sure if she will love you as much as she loved him. However, I must say that it sounds like she has made an great effort in the previous marriage thinking he is the one and so on and then realizing he is not. Maybe she doesn't trust her judgement as much aa she used to do now because of what happened. Whenever I get hurt I usually am extra careful next time and for every time I get hurt it gets harder for the next guy.

• Maybe she just likes the dress and want to save money. A nice wedding dress is expensive. Doesn't necessarily mean its bad luck or his holding on to this guy's memory. Maybe she can add a bow or hem a sleeve or something so that it can look a bit different.

• well she may simply like the dress. wedding dress are very expensive. she might want to hang out to it so if u guys get marry she will have it.i am not saying to she has feelings for her ex but may simply want to keep the dress.

• The only way I would keep my wedding dress after something like that would be if we had kids. I would keep it for the same reasons that would keep the wedding pictures and my rings, I would do if for my children. Now if I didn't have kids I would sell that shit and toss those pictures! Lol.

My husband kept all the pictures and stuff from his first wedding, I honestly think he forgot that it was all stored under the bed because when we found it he tossed all if it...except the wedding ring, I found it once and didn't realize what it was and tossed in a little bowl and forgot about it, I later found it again (right before our wedding) and was kinda pissed lol but he told me to do whatever I wanted with it because he didn't care...I threw it away! I didn't want the money out of it, why would I want anything from that marriage no matter what it was? Lol

What Guys Said 4

• Suggest her to add an extra so it doesn't look to much like a remake of her previous marriage

• an extra what? as horrible as this may sound she will not fit back into this dress.

• Problem solved. It won't fit. :) Nothing horrible, people change.

• Why on earth would you want to marry? What can you possibly gain from it?
    Marriage isn't about love, it's a legal contract. One that has the potential to royally screw you like it probably did her first husband.

This is a decision you need to make with a cold mind, not with a soft hearth.

• Now, I don't mean to sound rude but she's probably living in the past.

Why don't you try and burn that dress in front of her to test if she truly loves you or not?

• DUDE. AVOID AVOID AVOID. Get yourself a 20 year old virgin. If I can, you can.