How soon is too soon to get married.?

how soon is too soon to get married. I always thought a year would be nice before proposing and maybe having a one year engagement before I tie the knot. My girlfriend says 8 months for a proposal and 8 months for an engagement, its not really a long time in between and if that is the case I need to propose last month.

I would love to spend the rest of my life with this girl. but after being together for 9 months I have 7 months to get married? she wants to get married in December . I think its too soon.. my friend says even 2 years is too soon. any more opinions?

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no "right" amount of time. Especially as we get older. If one or both of you already has kids, that'll potentially slow things down. If not, she probably expects to speed things up.

If you know you want to spend the rest of your life with her, what's the hesitation? You're not a teenager. You have enough life experience under your belt to know if its a good match or not.

What Girls Said 7

• I was with a guy for a year and I thought everything was going well and I guess everything wasn't well. Most people don't show there true color until the honey moon stage is over. for most couples that is around the 8/9 month mark, but every couple is different. If you don't live together I recommend living with the person for a year before getting married. Little things that never bothered you before may start to bother you once you live together. example, dirty dishes in the sink, guy/girl drinks to late, the guy/girl wakes up to early and I like to go to bed late, I am always stuck cleaning and or doing laundry. If you want to be together for ever then their should be no rush and why the need to put a time frame on long you should be together before you ask her to marry her. if you have to ask the question then its to early and you want to do it out of fear of loosing her and not because the time feels right. you will no when the time is right because you won't be asking anyone, but her.

• I think that less than a year is too soon for any of that. Date her for a year at least before you pop the question, and two years is still perfectly reasonable, but don't wait longer than 2 if you want to marry this girl. Don't let her have total control over that timeline - I think most of that should be left up to the man. Too many women are in such a rush to get married now. It's better to wait a bit. I am getting married in December , but have been engaged since August and together beforehand for a lot longer than that.

• It really depends. I know a couple that got married 15 days after they met. They are still together and have been for 5 years so far. Love at first sight they say. Another couple I know got married after 10 years and 2 kids.. It's so different, but I guess it's never too soon or too late as long as you are sure about it and your girlfriend too.

• I kinda agree with you, me and my husband was together a year before getting engaged. We did have a hard time picking a date though, he wanted to get married ASAP and I wanted a fall wedding. Well I didn't get my fall wedding! He deer hunts, so from about October to December that's all we do :( anyways we ended up getting married in June, so we was engaged about 6 months. Granted I knew my husband for several years before we even started dating.

• When you feel ready. There's no time line. You clearly are not ready yet. If you get married now before wanting it yourself you will regret it and become another statistic

• Anytime is too soon. Marriage is stupid

• booo marriage is beautiful! :P

• marriage is awesome if you find the right person :)

• Lmaooooo

• It completely depends on the relationship. I feel that girls want marriage way quicker than men do. Ultimately it's up to you, moving at your pace.

What Guys Said 3

• It all depends on you. I have an Indian friend that, I suspect, had a wife planned for him back in India. He went over there last year to meet her for the first time and they agreed to get married. The second time he went back to India was for the wedding.

The stuff your talking about isn't what matters. What matters is your commitment to her and vice versa. You can be engaged for 10 fucking years and end up divorced after one year of marriage, and we all know that happens every day in this country.

• If you take marriage seriously, then 4 years living together at least.

Although nowadays... it's just a piece of bureaucracy and you are not "together" anymore.

• Depends. How soon do you want to lose your house?

• never..

• If I had to guess I would say 1?

• 3. You can roll the dice, but do you really want to?