Is this not a relationship men want with the woman they love?

To have the woman they love be their favorite person to be with, their partner in crime, someone they turn to and share everything with and want to do everything with?

I was married to someone that wanted us to live separate lives. He could not understand why I wanted us to do anything together. He wanted me to have my own friends and my own life that had nothing to do with his, and he kept his friends and life separate and even SECRET from me.

I'd love to be like those old married couples that go everywhere together and do everything together. I feel like I may not even always WANT to do that, but just knowing this is something my significant other would like shows me a closeness we have even while apart. Of course, if my significant other wanted me to be there for something in particular then I certainly would be, and hope for this to be reciprocated.

I feel this is what a partnership is, and is it real and realistic?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• What you describe sounds close to perfect. Their should be a degree of independence, but most things should be done together.

• I want a relationship like that

• It sounds like you weren't compatible. He was way too independent for you.

What Girls Said 1

• It is real, but it can't be a one way street. Someone who can't meet you half way on that, you'll feel like a fool. Givin so much of your time only to be played with. Be careful. Good luck