Does anyone plan on NEVER getting married and having kids?

Iv been saving up and am planning on getting a vasectomy soon even though I'm a virgin still. I'm never going to be able to financially support kids. And I don't like them anyway or marriage.

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh yeah. I've given up on girls since none like me. I decided that I actually don't want one anymore. I will be happier single. I know it. There won't be any stress or worries about making sure I don't say or do something stupid and lose my girl, make sure I earn more money and provide enough for the entire family, look like a hunk, and so on. No worries. And I can cook, clean, do laundry, etc. So I'm capable of living by myself.

What Girls Said 9

• I've found my soul mate but he doesn't want to get married at all. I'd be happy with getting married or not getting married. Whatever happens, I don't mind as long as I'm with him. We both don't want children. However, neither of us would ever consider having surgery to make us infertile so it'd be silly of you to do that.
    You never know how your life will unfold. You may get a well paid job and consider your partners income on top of that. Also, your hormones may have not kicked in yet which I think is what's up with me and my partner. We always accept that any day, one of us could have those hormones kick in.
    You should think a bit more before you do such a drastic surgery.

• Hormones kick in? Doesn't that usually happen during puberty? lol

• Hormones can kick in at any age and it's different for different people. Some people get it immediately, some get it when they're in their 40's. That urge to make babies doesn't kick in.
      I have no tolerance of children, cannot stand them. If the hormones were there, I'd love children. My boyfriend works with children but he doesn't want any because he knows just how hard they can be.

• ME TOO FINALLY SOMEONE AGREES...I've had this mindset since I can remember and I get the same looks from girls and girls all the time "Psshh, everyone say that once"...-_- well I'm not everyone

• I think people should adopt these days due to an overpopulated world and very corrupt foster care system. Also marriage is no longer the religious symbolic of a union between two people in love. It's now all legalities and titles so I don't plan on doing either.

• Do what you want with you life. But don't get a vasectomy just yet, you set your mind on no kids why do a vasectomy? We grow in life, we change, things happen, feelings change, so what if...just saying what if one day your feelings change towards kids and you start feeling the desire for one but then you can't have any cause of a decision u made and whilst being a virgin

• i am the same! its rare to see guys near my age who agree, so awesome

• that is a very extreme outlook. I plan on both getting married and having kids.

• I have a similar view. Don't want to be tied down with a husband and kids. However a vasectomy is pretty drastic. You never know how your situation may change in the future. Also, if you're not having sex, you probably don't need a vasectomy.

• It's called using a condom, staying safe and ditching girls. There's no need for surgery, having a vasectomy is not an excuse to a woman to not get married.

• I plan on using condoms to prevent disease.
      But condoms can break. And women lie about being on birth control or are careless and forget. Why they should only they being in charge of birth control? I should have control over my reproductive decisions as well.

• I believe there are pills for guys which reduces sperm count or something like that.
      Condoms don't break often but that's why you should use two forms of birth control at the same time. It'd also help if you had a girlfriend who agreed with and would be comfortable in having an abortion if the worst happened. It'd help even more if you had a girlfriend who felt the same way as you because she'd definitely not lie or forget her birth control.

• Too late for that for me lol
    I have 2 kids with one on the way and I have been married for 7 years.

What Guys Said 7

• I don't think a lot of doctors would even do that operation on an unmarried guy in his twenties, other than less-credible ones which you really don't want messing around with that area of your body. I mean you're not even through half of your life yet, you really have no idea how your life's going to go in the next 40+ years.

Personally I'm in love and plan to eventually get married and have kids with her, so I'd probably only consider getting a vasectomy after we know we don't want anymore kids.

• I have mental issues that stem from abuse when I was young, I do not want to pass any curses on to a child, I feel like it would be wrong for me to do it. I am not having sex, but I do want a vasectomy. I am not sure, however. I do want to get married.

• Nope, I intend to get married and have kids... I can't imagine doing anything else.

• I would be the worst father on the planet and equally so husband. I'll do the world a favor.

• I don't like your decision, but I find it refreshing and I get it.

Yeah I dont think Im in any position to be having kids. It'd be nice to feel like I was in a position to be able to have a kid but, until people stop getting kids for "loving baby" factor, Im not going to add any salt into this continuous wound

• I haven't planned on it but if it never happens it wouldn't bother me.

• I'd consider not having kids. This generation is terrible and each after will be worse. Everyone is a hoe and makes it hard for people to find someone worth being with