Hi, I want to propose and need help.

Her family has been supportive yet somewhat unhelpful. not that they dont want to help.. but no one knows my girlfriends ring size.. she never wears rings... How can I buy the right ring without her knowing what I'm planning?

she drops hints about marriage so i figure in about 3 to 4 months i will propose. once i get a ring and some payments on it. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Awww nice :)

Well okay, you've talked about this so the whole thing won't be a total surprise (the proposal will but not the marriage thing). One thing you should note is her jewellery style, like if she doesn't wear a lot of it you should get a simple solitaire ring. Or if you know she likes silvery metals (platinum, white gold, palladium) instead of yellow gold. Stuff like that. Jewellery sales people can help you with all that.

As for the size, it's better to go bigger. It's very hard to resize rings that are too small and it weakens the metal (they actually just stretch it). See if she has any rings in her jewellery box somewhere and take it with you when you are ready to buy the ring - have that ring measured and then buy the same size. You don't have to spend thousands of dollars to get a good quality ring, either.

Happy shopping! Good luck to you :)

• Thanks for most helpful and you can message me if you have other questions :)

What Girls Said 4

• When my dad decided to propose to my mom he took one of the rings she wore and playfully put it on his ring finger like a joke and then he remembered where it sat on his finger and went to the jewelry store and bought a band that fit the same way. Apparently he was spot on by doing it that way.

But if you're unsure, go bigger. Nothing screams unromantic like having the ring unable to get past her knuckle lol

Good luck!

• Just get a nice one. She will love the thought. Then get her measured after proposing. No big deal. She will be thrilled.

• Go to her bedroom and steal one of her rings. Easy :)

• Do you live with her? Or does she ever sleep over? If she does grab a measuring tape (they're like $1 at Walmart) and wrap it around her finger when she's sleeping. Mark your measurement with a Sharpie and bring it to the jeweler. They should know what to do with it or better yet here's a chart http://www.discountgoldexchange.com/ringsizeg.gif just use that to get her size.

What Guys Said 2

• you can always get a ring resized man. just do something dumb ad romantic and stick it in her yoohoo and make her feel special and top off the night with the ring and get it resized. dont be manipulative or secretive, just do your thing man. thats why she loves you in the first place right?

• should I go bigger.. and size it down later.
      LOL who still drinks yoohoo? LOL

• dude! yoohoo rocks. shell think its awesome i guarantee it. and as far as bigger or smaller id go ask a jeweler on what he thinks would be easier. just go out there and fuckin rock it dude

• i heard some one said that the pinky finger of a man is a ring finger of a woman.