What are some creative things to do with an empty soda bottle?

So this year for Christmas I was planning on giving my friends and church group (which I am kind of new to) soda bottles with all the "reasons why they're amazing" in them in the form of a letter.Thing is, some of them I don't know that well and putting a letter/list in a soda bottle seems too plain. Are there any really cool/creative/cheap gift ideas (As I am a broke teenager) I can do with the 20+ bottles I've hoarded**? Any really creative Christmas gifts you've done for your friends?**The bottles I have are glass Jones Soda bottles and still have their picture labels. I don't own a glass cutter and it has to be safe enough to bring to school (no super sharp edges)

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• *insert perverted joke here* xDOn the serious note: Give them the gift of KINDNESS! =D Making someone do a little more good is the best gift you can give.You could fill each one with two papers which contain commands on them and one paper with the name of the person that has to do it.Make the commands simple acts of kindness and give bottles to everyone. There is no time limit. The only person who has to know what you have to do is the one who got your bottle. It is not about bragging to everyone what you did, but doing something good just because it is. DISTRIBUTE THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO EVERYONE ALONG WITH THE RANDOM BOTTLES THEY HAPPEN TO TAKE.STEP 1: Take the command out of the bottle, read it and write your name bellow it. STEP 2: Give the first/command paper to the person whose name is one the second sheet of paper. Keep the bottle and the paper with their name.STEP 3: Do the command you got.STEP 4: Write what happened on the back of your command and put it in the empty bottle you got. You can even put a picture or some "souvenir" that relates to the event. If you were rewarded share the reward, whether it's sentimental or material reward.STEP 5: Give that bottle to the person whose signature was bellow the command. That bottle will be your thanks to them. It is them who enabled me to give you this kindness.Don't overdo it. Ask things like: feed a stray dog, make a meal for the homeless person, visit someone who is alone, make someone laugh, smile, aid someone, teach someone etc. Also make sure you participate. =)WARNING:Make sure that your personal knowledge of some people doesn't effect your commands in a negative way. Meaning making them do something they feel too uncomfortable doing, or if the receiver of the deed feel uncomfortable. If you choose this it is at your own risk. ^^PS. You can just use my text, I won't mind.

• For me it was since I was 15... =)See...? I have one too. xD

• Lol. My mind has been in the gutter since I was 12. So HA! there's my excuse.

• Oh and decorate the bottles.

• Show Older

What Guys Said 9

• put dry ice in it nd put the cap on

• ok lol don't actually do it I was being a smartass. what you could do issss use paint and design them with different pictures and patterns. use the glass see through part to compliment the paint..

• Oh, my god. Is this actually an under age question? Once again, I'm refraining, dude. My parol officer is watching my every move. :(

• metal condoms ?

• that would definitely prevent pregnancy :p

• Use plastic poland spring water bottles...then you can twist the bottles and shoot the caps off them. I highly recommend not aiming the bottles at your friends because I almost shot my friend in the eye when the water bottle cap flew off.

• Recycle them to get some money.

• you can make "sobe's" a fancy gravity bong. although I don't think your church group would like that. hmmm... you can uhh.. I got it: hold liquid in em! ah ha, there you go

• Make a grip of Molotov Cocktails and start the revolution!. . . . . Or fill them with varying levels of water and make a bottle xylophone. . . . that too

• Make some gravity bongs.

• best answer? :D

• Fucking win.

• great way to smoke weed when there is no pipe available :P

• Show Older
  • Throw them away in the trash.

What Girls Said 8

• Making the bottles into piggy banks with the messgaes sticking out the top, putting sand and shells in the bottle and a string on the outside to make it look like a "deserted island message in a bottle" with the message on the inside, replace the labels with the notes you were going to write leaving the soda inside and just decorating the rest of the bottle. hope I have helped!

• i can only think of doing like art inside the bottles with varying colours of sand, and glitter try putting there name in glitter through the sand so when you look in you can see it :)

• Cut them and form fitting bracelets, wrap around with cloth and you got some nice accessorizes.Seen here: link There are more ideas on the net btw.

• you can make a water bong.***nvm I just saw they're class.

• You could collage the outside of the bottles (with magazine clippings etc...) and maybe each bottle could have a theme. And they could be used as decorative vases. :)

• I like this idea best. You could use bible verses/pictures for your church group. Buy some inexpensive flowers at a grocery store, and give them to people. They could reuse the bottle as a little side table vase like she mentioned

• You could put cotton to make it look like snow inside the bottle and glitter and cut-out paper snowflakes to give it a wintry look.

• go to a craft store buy some pretty beads and jewels and make nice friendship bracelets

• I was going to say that you could make a windowfarm, but you're using glass. The first thing that I though of are Earthships:) You could probably make a mini one!