• Ask
  • myTake

Birthday gift for guy friend?

I got the card thing down but what do I get him for his birthday?

Thanks for the help. Just in case some of you are under the misconception that he's my boyfriend, he's not. Just a guy friend. Would cologne seriously be ok? Is it something only a persons girlfriend would give them? Just wondering.
Today's is his b'day.. :) I know I asked this question in advance but I wanted to be sure. I couldn't get him anything like cologne or the other things people suggested here. I gave him a beautiful key chain that I got from my trip to egypt two weeks ago.
He seems to really like it. He's telling people " Look what she got me!" Lol... :)
Oh and the key chain was for his car keys. He recently got a new car.

Most Helpful Opinion

• A blowjob is always a nice gift :-P.Lol, I'm jk. (I mean it IS but you were probably looking for something more material)But like everyone else said, find out what his interests are and go with that. For example, my fiancee knew I was a practicing celtic pagan so she got me a pentacle ring that I still have to this day (that was 2 years ago). Also I'm a gamer and I love movies so video games and dvd's are usually a good bet for me.But in general here's a good buying guide for either gender:Girls tend to want things they can either eat (i.e. chocolate), wear (clothing, jewelry, perfume), look at (flowers, anything that looks pretty), or that has some sentimental value.Guys tend to want things we can use, either for a hobby, or for practical use, i.e. games, movies, music, tools, hobby materials, etc.

What Guys Said 5

• Sex.

• Gift cards.

• You could get him a book such as this one. I am totally in love with it, since I love music. link

• You find out what his interests are and you get something in that area. Finding that special gift, if that's what you're looking for is a lot harder. That's one of those things that he wants but doesn't even know it, so it's no sense asking him. You will have to know him pretty well to find that one.Oh, and if you get him a gift where his response is, it's the thought that counts, you screwed up :)

• Lol.. thanks...

What Girls Said 4

• sports tickets

• Today's is his b'day.. :) I know I asked this question in advance but I wanted to be sure. I couldn't get him anything like cologne or the other things people suggested here. I gave him a beautiful key chain that I got from my trip to egypt two weeks ago. It's for his car keys. He just got a new car. He's seems to really like it. Keeps telling people " Look what she got me" Lol :)..

• well, it depends. what kind of stuff does he like. his interests. I can give mine just a simple cd and he'll love it. but what if your man is not into music? maybe movies? a watch? clothes. idk... give him soemthing meaningful and that he could make use of it. something that he really wants or something every time he sees it, would think of you.

• I usually go with cologne or a movie I know he'll like. Or you cantell him you'll take him to a movie- your treat.

• Just so ya know....... I always get my best guy friend cologne. Every year. And he always uses it. and we're not going out.

• I always get told by guys that they like to get stuff that they can use.

• Cologne is a good choice-its not just something a girlfriend would get them.

• I always get my best guy friend cologne for his birthday and Christmas.

• Yeh I get guy friends cologne too-its a gd prezzie.