Do you think God is a he or a she?

Most Helpful Guy

• God is masculine. He is a he. Not only is he a he, but he is literally the ONE AND ONLY "HE".

Masculine does not mean male. Masculine means agency.

ALL other things are "she" to God.

This is why God is referred to as "He". Not for some misogynistic reason. Not for some evil plot to keep women down.

Masculine and feminine are principles, not biological genders.

It's easy for those of us who speak English to miss this point because our nouns do not have gender. Our pronouns always refer to biological genders.

What Girls Said 10

• After watching American Dad years ago once I felt like it's a She.
    Lol it probably sounds silly but I still feel that way. Wouldn't be surprised..

I think the bible says it's a guy because of the time period it was made in. I don't think it was ever known for sure.

• It could be a they.

• That's a mindblowing a answer

• Woooo o_o 2spooky4me

• Fear my logic~

• God is a he.

• I don't think God has a gender. He is not comparable to humans

• Omg and I just used "He" whoops

• Yeah, I get what you mean but the question is ambiguous :D One could either say "Der Gott" or "Die Göttin", but Göttin is really unusual @YazanAA

• A he or a she I"m not even sure if there is a God.

• I think God is a guy.

• Unisex to be honest.

• God can be both.

• God was neutered, so it's an it now.

• I don't think God has a gender.

What Guys Said 17

• I don't believe in God, but when I refer to God, I always say it's a she, sounds better to believe there's a hottie out there looking out for us xD

• If god exists. He/she probably is formless and as helpless and clueless as we all are.

• the gods are whatever gender the imaginer imagines them to be.

• Neither because I don't believe in god.

• Obviously God doesn't have genitals, so technically neither. But "God made man in his own image", meaning that he resembled man. He then made woman out of man, who differed in appearance than both man and God- this is why the Bible always refers to God as "He" or "Him", because he bears a closer resemblence to men than women.

• she's a he o_O

• The word God is masculine in my native language

• god is a hermaphrodite

• Neither...

• God is a joke.. he doesn't exist.. think about this everything the bible is against god does. Murders innocent by flooding the world cause he's a jealous fuck.. he says worship me or you will ho to hell.. read the bible the seven deadly sins god is against he commits. . talk about being a fucking hypocrit

• There's more than one religion. There are religions where the gods are more human-like and less idealistic.

• I asked a simple question he or she I don't need atheist around cuz I won't listen to y'all

• God is a shemale

• Not he or she of course

• I believe its a he a male because it take one heartless dickhead to have created everything on this earth.

• We believe God is he...

• I say God is a he.

He's a father, right?

• If god was a gender I would think he would be a he because he tells wives to be subordinate to their husbands in the bible. Course that was written by men in a different time so who knows

• Uh no, the bible tells wives to "give yourselves to you husbands"
      And then the next thing it says is "husbands give yourselves to your wives in all things."
      It also says nothing about men other than their husbands, all other men can kiss their giblets ;D
      A lot of crappy stuff has come around because guys have skipped over the next verse 8(

• Ephesians 5:22-33

• God is "me"

• Probably transgender. lololol