What's the one part-time job that you would never want to take in your lifetime?

The very last job I'd ever take in my life is to be a waiter. My reason for that is I don't like to waste a small chunk of my life being paid slave wages and beg the customers to tip me with more money like a dog on a leash.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a cocktail waitress and i've worked at restaurants before I turned 21 and it's not a "slave wage". If you're good at your job, you make good money, I make more money then most people I know who have regular jobs.

Honestly the only jobs I wouldn't do are jobs that gross me out, I have a weak stomach so if something grossed me out, I couldn't do it lol but other then that I would do anything that made decent money, a job is just a job to me, it's not my life.

• What kind of gross jobs would you never work for (to be more specific with your answer)?

• Oh okay. You easily get disgusted of seeing people's blood and gory wounds?

• Yes exactly and like bodily fluids also.

What Girls Said 8

• Pornstar lol.

• Undertstandable. For all the money that pornstars make, they still get treated like shit and suffer from sexual diseases and constant sexual pain from their jobs.

• I know. That's why I would never want to do that.

• You're awfully prideful.

I clean hotel rooms. I've seen things. Bad things. At this point nothing seems too bad.

• How much do you make cleaning hotels compared to waiter/waitresses who live mostly off of tips?

• Judging by how you described your job, I'd rather take your job any day than to be a waiter/waitress. I've had a friend who worked as a waiter and he said that the only salaries he's ever made weekly were mostly from his tips. He rarely get's paid hourly unless he really couldn't receive enough tips from the customers.

• But he would have to at least be bringing home minimum wage right?
      I guess that's not that bad. My job isn't easy at all. Waiting tables would probably be easier but I'm not a people person.

• Fast food. It seems to be one of those jobs that are overworked and underpaid and mistreated. But perhaps I am wrong.

• A waiter or any type of cleaner.

• Pornstar. Its just stupid and pathetic to degrade myself to that level.

• A maid... Or a chief... or a doctor!!!

• What's wrong with being a doctor in your viewpoint?

• I hate seeing people hurt.. I can't stand it..

• Oh okay. Understandable. But on the bright side of being a doctor, you're saving lives and making a lot of money. :)

• What's wrong with a waiter I was a cook and a waitress for five years while I was in college until I was diagnosed with a seizure disorder that keeps me from doing any of it any more and I loves and enjoyed my job

• From what I've heard, you waiter/waitresses only live off of tips, judging by one of my friend's experience working as a waiter. I don't know, maybe it's the restaurant that he works for.

• She was awesome

• You only make "slave wages" because you make far over the minimum wage amount by the end of the night, I make at least $150-$200 a night and on good nights i've made $400-$500 and that's on a 6 hour part time shift. I really don't think you know how much waitresses can make lol

• Newsflash, unless you're an entrepreneur or CEO of your own company you're pretty much paying slave wages your whole life. Even if you have your own company, it may be heavily taxed and your paying slave wages to the gvt. And you don't beg for tips, it's common courtesy for someone to tip you because you waited on their needs. Waiting sucks, it does, but depending where and for who, people have actually made a decent living. It's not glamorous but nothing really is. Everything pays it dues

• "And you don't beg for tips, it's common courtesy for someone to tip you because you waited on their needs." Even then, not everyone tips and legally, there's no obligation for customers to tip their waiters.

• Right, it's not an obligation to tip but at most places that do serve, tipping is extremely common, depending on the establishment.

What Guys Said 3