LOTR or The Hobbit?

I've just completed binge watching The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. It was an end of the semester celebration in a sense.

Which is your favorite The Lord of the Rings movie: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, or The Return of the King? And why is it your favorite? Or who is your favorite character?

Do you prefer The Hobbit series over the LOTR Trilogy? Why

Most Helpful Guy

• LOTR, by a long shot. The Hobbit was fun, but it was always a weaker story; if you read the book, it's clear how laidback and casual Tolkien was in writing it, it really was a loose bag of writing.

I think that shows in the movies. The Hobbit was fart humor compared to LOTR, which is fine, because that's what the book was too.

I enjoyed the Hobbit, but my expectations for it were always lower, and in general, I prefer more serious stories, so LOTR wins in my head.

What Guys Said 10

• Strangely today I visited an area where Tolkien was at school and where he wrote a lot of his books, namely the lotr trilogy. Many places you can see were of influence to him in his writing. But back to the question, the lotr books are far far better in my opinion. It makes no sense that two films have been made of the Hobbit and only one for each lotr book. I thought today if the Hobbit has two films lotr should at least have 9 given the size and depth of story in comparison.

• LOTR !!!

Loved the Trilogy!

• I LOOOOOOVE The Lord of the Rings, I've watched all movies so many times I already know the dialogues xD Mi favorite movie is the Return of the King, but the other two are awesome too.
    My favorite character is Legolas; I've always been a fan of the bow as a weapon, and I like how he's so calm but at the same time a badass, I mean, that scene where he killed the Mumakil was just dope.

• Are you serious? That's so cool! Legolas is pretty amazing!

• I have all three extended versions, and every time I was sick I watched them. During Christmas break I watched them too. During those boring Sunday evenings I watched them too. I just never get bored of them. I even had some posters in my room, and some small figurines that came with the DVD's like one of Gollum and a miniature of Minas Tirith.
      The Gollum figurine is the same one that Sheldon Cooper has on his desk xD
      www.theonering.net/.../DSCF3663.JPG

• I wish I had some figurines.

Ha, it'd be pretty cool to have a Gollum figurine.

• I am LOTR fan myself - I loved the books as a kid.

• the hobbit... coz i'm a foot fetishist :-PPPPPPP

• The Hobbit got nothing on LOTR

• the return of the king will go down in the history books. For me, it was my favourite because you had everything that you'd want to see in a movie: action, suspense, love, beauty, humour, etc. The hobbit was kinda meh for me.

• Uh all of them lol.

• The Hobbit doesn't compare to the Lord of the Rings!

• Prefer the story line of The Hobbit. I mean neither are book worthy.

What Girls Said 4