What is your vision like?

I was just wondering if more people wear glasses, contacts or have perfect vision. I personally wear glasses most of the time and have 80/100 vision. Do you wear contacts, glasses, both, or none?

• Contacts
  • Glasses
  • Both
  • None

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a very strong visual disability. I have it since I was born. Because of it, I am completely blind on my left eye and I see roughly 10% on my right eye. When I was a child I used to see a little more. I used to be able to read books and newspapers. Now, I need a special zoom-program on my laptop that enlarges things a lot for me and it can also read texts to me. It can be very annoying and difficult to have this disability because I encounter a lot of problems in every-day life. For example I am extremely bad at orientation (when I'm somewhere new) or at memorising how I got somewhere because I am not always able to distinguish buildings or recognise landmarks. Of course I am also not allowed to drive a car or a motor bike, which makes me very sad. But on the bright side, I am also very happy and extremely grateful for the leftover vision I still have and for all the things my disability taught me in life (I think it was a major reason why I was very mature already at a young age). And of course I'm proud of the things I've achieved, such as studying at a good university or having lived abroad on my own. So I'm just gonna say it this way: all the people here who say their vision is bad are partially right (because there are people with a better vision) but they are also partially wrong because compared to me, those people with bad vision still have the eyes of a hawk :-). I think people should also be thankful for what they have, even if it's not the best. That's something my disability taught me. I believe none of us spends enough time thinking about how lucky we are to have certain things. Like... have you ever been truly thankful that you have legs and you can freely walk around? If not, I would totally understand. Because it seems so normal to us, we forget how precious certain things are (happens to me too!). Therefore we should always think about it in a quiet moment and be thankful for what we have :-) (not to god or something specific, just in general)

What Guys Said 4

• I have glasses, I didn't know you could have both glasses and contacts. My vision, I don't know exactly, but I'm guessing it's 10/100,000

• I have fighter pilot vision... better than 20/20.

• Wow! That seems very useful.

• Yeah if I was a sniper or a fighter pilot... but for everyday use. Well big deal.

• Glasses to see small print the most

• It's probably -2.25 on both eyes now.

What Girls Said 6

• I was declared with 20/20 vision, the best vision you can have but it's deteriorated considerably in my right eye over the past year or so (too much technology probably) and my eyes go blurry when I'm tired but it's not bothering me yet.

My eye sight is still at a very high standard though when I've had enough sleep. I read very small writing in class before and everyone was surprised, so I'm guessing they couldn't see a thing! I've never worn contacts or glasses.

• Last time I got my eyes checked, a few months back, he said I have 20/20 with slight farsightedness.

• my vision is awful :( I wear both, but can't see without either.

• I wear glasses but, I want grey contacts.

• I have 20/20 vision

• I need glasses for reading fine print otherwise I'm good.