Do you text back immediately or read a message and think it over first?

I've heard some phones tell the person if they read your text. Mine doesn't seem to do that, but I like to read a text and then i'll wait a while and think about a response before I reply. What do most people do?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the situation. If my girlfriend goes shopping groceries for instance and she texts me to ask if I need anything, I would reply immediately. I also immediately reply to my mom because she is a very impatient person and I know she wouldn't like waiting for answer ;-). But if it's something that doesn't need to be dealt with right away, I usually read the message, put my phone away, do something else, forget about it and reply 1-3 days later. It's not so much that I need several days to come up with a response, I just don't really like doing things right away. It stresses me out and I hate being stressed out. If I feel this pressure that I "have to" write back although it's not urgent, I usually end up writing a stupid reply. I don't know why but I need this "freedom" to wait a bit and find a moment in which I actually WANT to reply.

What Girls Said 3

• I text back if it requires an answer. Otherwise, I don't.

• Sometimes I'll read a text and forget to answer back. Normally I do reply immediately.

• Mostly immediately.

What Guys Said 5

• It depends, if we're having a conversation I'll reply instantly after seeing it, but if it's just a random text I'll reply whenever I feel like ding it.

• I usually think about it before replying

• I like to reply as soon as I can,

• If I'm interested in the person, I read it and think before I text her back.

• I think a lot about what I'm going to say next. Probably longer than I should.