What is the number one thing that prevents murder?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 7

• The only thing is the law, unfortunately it still happens though.

• murder has never been effectively prevented.

• I think most people who kill were abused as children. Well serial killers anyway. But that isn't the majority. Maybe gun control?

• The answer is Law Against Murder. People don't kill each other cuz it sucks being caught. If it was something normal like talking to someone EVERYBODY would have killed someone. Most people would kill a lot of people, some people would kill a few people but NOBODY wouldn't kill someone and if they say they haven't you would probably be in danger.

• Expressing one's feelings in a healthy and non-destructive/harmful manner.

• Morals. People don't kill other people. It's just not in their nature.

• Hahaha no my dear. I would kill anybody. That's not the number one thing.

• Dude that's fucking cruel. You sound like you have some problems.

• I dont know about asker.. but I dont WANT to kill someone, but I would if I had too. @spuitkaas

• Being sane and not a fucking maniac

• Hugs n kisses

What Guys Said 14

• Dis..
    stream1.gifsoup.com/.../fpsrussia-aa12-o.gif
    Can't murder me if he's dead nomsayin

*sigh* feelz good to be freeeee~!
    bostondrunks.com/.../murica037.jpeg
    'Murica! COME AT US!!! :v

#2AmendmentFTW!!! #FreerThanU!!! #DealWithIt. gif

• What's going on in the first pic? The bullets are flying out?

• I would say laws. Even if someone is immoral enough to murder someone, the law will prevent them from doing it because they know the severe punishment. Sure, some people don't care about the law and do it anyway but that's a small percentage of people.

• Very tough call - Are we talking on a practical level or Spiritual level - Thinking about it I say economics I was reading about murder rates recently ironically to do with a GaG question but the higher rates seem to be in overpopulated impoverished cities so some sort of wealth equality measures might help.

• I don't think anything can prevent murder. Laws against murder help with keeping the murder count down, but that doesn't prevent murder.

• Because of empathy.

The thing all murderers and serial killers have in common is a lack of empathy.

The Pre-frontal cortex of our 'sane' brains is far larger than those of murderers.

• Intelligence. If people aren't aware or dumb enough like some of the animals out there who simply hunt and kill for survival purposes, then we as human beings would be committing murder.

• my morals bro 8)

• Morality and legal consequences.

• Not allow us to be set our self up to be the victim

• Law, an authoritative system

• Law and moral for the general population

• for the ones that play with the idea it's the consequences. everyone else is because of their morals

• rape does..

• Sex, it relieves aggression and calms people down. (At least temporarily).