Guys, What car should I buy?

So i have saved around $10,600 and i want to buy a cheap car arounf 5K or 6K and customize it. What kind of car you think i should buy? On my opinion i wanted a Acura RSX but where i live its hard to find.

9

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been a mechanic for 8 years and here are some questions for to think about:

- are you looking for a platform to learn and do the work yourself?
    - what sort of goals in terms of HP, handling or are you want to build a "show" car?
    - this will be your daily?
    - if performance: drag, autox or just daily fun?

My only advice to you is to know that cars are terrible investments and that any $ spent on a car will yield - 20% value of the car (unless you own a shop that can efficiently flip cars). Also know that you should never get into a project without sufficient funds and spend 80% of the project blueprinting before you start buying.

Cheap, Fast, Reliable: choose 2/3 because you can't have all.

What Guys Said 8

• If you want an Acura RSX keep looking till you find one. Acura is an excellent choice because it is made by a excellent car company. You want to concern yourself with the timing belt and know when it was last changed and when will it need to be changed in the future along with the water pump. I think they change them at the same time.

The screw for the engine are of a stronger metal and all the little details are a little bit better than a regular honda. Make sure you pull a car fax. If you stay in your price range you will do well. At age 18 you do not want debt and getting in the habit of paying cash for a car is a very good thing.

You are thinking right. Good luck.

• better buy da cheapest 1 bro... wot it matters is, if it works... spendin lots of money on a car is... meh, i'd not mention 8)

• Honda Civic hatchback from the Early 90's.
    I loved that car. Handles really well. Also great gas mileage.

• Don't do that. Put as much of that 10.6K down and take a loan for a lightly used or a great deal on a new car. The Federal Reserve is likely to raise rates soon, which means that 3% lending rate from your local bank is going to go up, maybe double very quickly (which is essentially borrowing from your grandma because that's close to the Inflation rate). Don't waste your hard earned money on a car you think is cool but will regret down the road.

• I don't know what brands you have in Puerto Rico, but did you ever watch Top Gear? They always seemed good at pointing out which cars to avoid at all cost.

• 1-Work for one or half a year , Daily for 8 hours approx.
    2-You should be having enough money to get a mustang/camaro/charger/challenger.
    Anyway , got to carsforsale. com.
    Set the filters like this :
    Max price : 10000
    Condition : Used.
    And see what u can find.

• OMG dude the acura rsx is so beautiful

if you can't find it get like a Honda civic or maybe an accord

• Nissian Altima.

they are very strong cars.