Would anybody spend $285 to provide water for a thirsty village in another country?

Just curious...

Say water pump is needed to save lives there because water is a necessity for this village... if you won't spend that much money can you tel me that as well? lol

Most Helpful Guy

• No.

The USA already gives out something like 50 billion dollars worth of aid a year to foreign countries, and much of that is just pocketed by corrupt local politicians. I say stop sending out money and let those countries have to snap to and help themselves instead of putting hands out.

What Guys Said 11

• If I were there and knew it was the problem, yes I would and possibly do more like bring in a holding tank.

• Depends, what's the other country and who will the money go to, not just the final destination, but who will handle it in between

Important questions because many corrupt governments take advantage of this aid and become millionaires that way. Truthfully my government takes my money and gives it to other countries all the time, many times to countries I would not agree with sending money to. So I don't feel bad about not giving

• I earn only $800 a month, I'm pretty sure people with higher income could easily cough that money up just by flicking a finger.

• if i was rich y not? ^_^

• Yes this could be for good cause if i knew for sure the people was getting my donations

• Yes I would if I have them.

• I've donated quite a bit a couple times at charities and even volunteered so I have no problems there... whats the point of having a lot of money if you can't make a difference with it? So yes I would and I have.

• I'd donate $20 but $285 is asking a lot from a college student.

• not really, people are more interested in saving money to buy iphone 7 or whatever

• Nope, they should do that shiznit by themselves

• I dont really have the money but I'd definitely help

What Girls Said 8

• I would if I had a job and if I was absolutely 100% SURE that that was where the money was actually going...

• No. We have needy people at home here we need to take care of first.

• Maybe not all at once because I don't have that kind of cash to throw around (#gradstudentproblems) but in instalments, sure.

• Probably yeah. Right now I'm trying to kick start a charity to get clean water to less industrialized nations. But I feel like my parents would. Right now they're spending $50 a month to sponsor a girl in Guatemala

• Yeah I had a job.

• If I had the extra money then of course.

• Yes I would

• Honestly... no.
    I'm skeptic on certain charities.