What do you think the punishment for a teacher who calls their students retarded should be?

Let's assume you have a child and they go to school. One day, their teacher forces them to stand in front of the blackboard facing it until recess and calls them retarded. The reason is that they didn't bring the textbook they asked for a week ago. It's an uniform school and your child wears normal clothes, they see that and he call your child retarded again. What punishment should they get? Do you think they should get fired for degrading children and abusing their position?

Most Helpful Guy

• No teacher should be abusing a student in any way, sure they should be fired
    or suspended with no pay for abusing any student in any way..

What Guys Said 8

• its not right what the teacher did, especially since the child is still developing everything.

1 week prior and they still can't bring a fucking textbook? im not taking either sides.

• In the UK that would not be tolerated. The teacher would get suspended and pending an enquiry, would most likely be sacked.

• Unfortunately in Turkey, teachers get a respect they don't deserve. The education system stands by them and not the students. Last semester a teacher bullied me and ruined my normally good grades purposefully. I only managed to raise my grades a little, from 20/100 to 50/100. He still works at the same school and I see him walking through corridors. When we talk to the principal, they start lecturing me and my mother about our attitude and try to change the subject. I feel homicidal.

• Good for you!! You have my thoughts and best wishes all the time!!

Take care, stay safe!!

• Aww, thanks ^-^

• Suspension and/or termination. That shit doesn't fly in any other job and it shouldn't fly here.

• fire dat teacher and never workj as teacher again! >:-(

• Grounds for dismissal I think

• Fired, and not allowed to teach anymore.

• I don't know - 2 weeks or a month of suspension? Honestly, with the crappy economy that we still have, the teachers should try to be more nice to these kids because I foresee them struggling when they become adults.

• probably send them back to school again as a student

What Girls Said 4

• yes for children he/she should get fired.

• I'm just a bit curious if it's a uniform school why did the kid come to school in normal clothes?

• Because they wanted to. It's rare that someone follows the dress code exactly.

• So he's not the only one? Yeah the teacher deserves to get suspended with no pay or fired.

• The teacher should get fired

• They should definitely get fired