Doesn't it piss you off how expensive stuff is?

And that people try to swindle you out of money just because they're a "specialty" store or whatever?

Car died yesterday while I was driving to work. Had it towed to the dealership where I got it cause that was closest and therefore free. Delearship wants $1000.00 to fix the alternator and serpentine belt.

Im livid. My parents are calling around to see if they can find a place cheaper, but if the cost to tow it plus the cost to fix it equals close to the same as the dealership then it's pointless.

Most Helpful Guy

• $1000 to fix the alternator and serpentine belt.

MANNN!
    If I were you I'd just take it to some nearby mom and pop garage and have it fixed. Maybe they got a few spare parts salvaged from the junkyard that'll fit.

That's how my dad used to have his car fixed. Basically frankensteining parts together till it runs no more.

But shitt yeah I get it girl, I get it. People just gonna milk you dry if they can ain't ya

SUPPORT THE LITTLE MAN!
    DOWN WITHE THE BIG SUITS!

• Yeah my mom found a place that will repair and tow it for $498 so they're taking it there.

• Let the frankensteining begin LOL

What Guys Said 14

• yeah I don't like dealership prices. I do most of the routine maintenance myself and when I do need to go to a shop I go to this private mechanic shop. a girl runs it, she's fucking awesome. good labor at a fair price.

• Yeah I wish I knew of a smaller shop nearby when it died so I could've called them but I only knew of my dealership cause it's not really my side of town. :/

For a grand I'd just say fuck it and not pay it and sell it but I still owe like 6-7 grand on it and need a car for work soo lol

• there should be a smaller shop around, there usually always are since a lot of people hate dealing with dealerships. im sure your parents will find one, actually you should be able to do a quick google search for one in your area.

• It pisses me off like crazy!!

http://c0.thejournal.ie/media/2014/04/valru.gif

• I've got £300 pound of my birthday money a few years ago and still have every penny of it I don'tspend money at all, but my parents and sinlings have borrowed some 😂

• i just don't buy them if they r xpensive... not pissed off 8)

• Be careful with dealerships for large repairs. They have much higher overhead, high prices. Go to a local shop with good reviews off Yelp.

At least your got your belts fixed, if that thing snapped while you're cruising on the high school... ya $1,000 well spend actually.

• 0|0
    • Its the reason why I repair my own computer when ever possible. If I don't have the tools needed to make the repair use my knowledge to bully them to a fairer price.

• Go to a private mechanic. Also, look into your car insurance for towing bills. I know for mine I still have to pay it but my insurance reimburses you. I pay for through my insurance but its only like a couple extra bucks to have it.

• Yeah you going along nicely then something happens and the bill is huge.

• No, it's awesome and challenging in the same time to pay more money. In this way, you've got less money to spend, which is even more awesome.

• Are they nutcases? 1000 dollars for that? I can bet 100$ is even expensive for alternator repairs!.

I got Honda H22 series FULL engine, a 200 BHP powerhouse for approx 1000$ xD.

Which vehicle do you drive? BMW, or a Mercedes?

• People who rip off pisses me off, nothing else.

When you buy expensive stuff, you don't expect cheap maintenence!

• I have an 08 Chevy Aveo lmao

• It doesn't piss me off since I'm not gonna buy them anyway but it does surprise me sometimes.

• you should learn to do the light mechanic work your self

• Wouldn't it depend on that that "thing" is. For example, a bottle of Arnold Palmer is only $1 while a new car, depending on the car, can be up to over $200,000. But yes, I do hate that the things you want, are usually the most expensive

• I honestly can't take Americans seriously when they complain about price:/ it's already cheaper than everywhere else plus you make more

What Girls Said 5

• YOU KNOW IT!
    38.media.tumblr.com/.../...e_n3z21qzdrt1sdt19p.gif
    Like can I just feed myself for free at least?

• Yes! It's annoying.

• Dealerships are way over priced, they'll charge you $400 for an oil change I swear lol. Also you can get road side assistance for pretty cheap added to your insurance, they will tow it a certain amount of miles for you.

• We did get it towed for free through our insurance. We found a cheaper place. I knew the dealership would be ridiculous but I didn't think a thousand dollars ridiculous.

• Not all dealerships are super outrageous I think though. My friends boyfriend works at a Ford dealer and he looked up the cost, it would only be $800 for parts and labor at his dealer.

Still ridiculous but $200 cheaper than my stupid Chevy dealer. But yeah the smaller auto shop we're going to is only charging $498 thank god

• It's still crazy how much it is to get a car or even like a computer repaired, glad you found somewhere cheaper though.

I've lost my car key before and the dealership charges $100 for a new one here, for a single key...

• YES!! I'm too damn poor for all the things I need. ugh!!

• Yeah, sometimes :/