How racist would it be if I just assumed because you're Asian you must watch anime?

Like when I meet an Asian and thought 'they must love and watch anime' without knowing a thing about them personally.

How ow racist is that?

• That's very racist!
  • That's sorta racist
  • That's not racist
  • You're white? You must watch duck dynasty ya hillbilly!

Most Helpful Girl

• Just as racist as the people that believe...

All white people racist

White people can't dance.

All black people are ghetto.

All black people love fried chicken and watermelon.

All Muslims are terrorist.

And all Asians are geniuses... They're just stereotypes.

What Girls Said 11

• It's not really racist. It's just a stereotype. Though I would associate Anime/Manga more with Japanese since if you look up those words they mean.

an·i·meˈanəˌmā/ noun-a style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children.

man·gaˈmaNGɡə/ noun-a style of Japanese comic books and graphic novels, typically aimed at adults as well as children.

That's like people thinking if your from the USA your over weight. That does have truth to it since there are a good bit of over weight people here compared to other countries. Doesn't mean everyone is but a big part of the people here are.

• Why does everything has to be called racist tbh? Like if someone said 'you're a white 18byear old girl, you must love Starbucks' and then I say 'no, I don't love it. Too expensive.' And then he/she gets over it. It's not a negative assumption so I it might be racist, but not negative racist.

• It's pretty racist.

• No... that's not racist. I did grow up watching anime. But I grew out of it.

What I found rude is that every white person who isn't familiar with Asian culture has to ask me personally if I'm religious or if I'm a buddhist...

• That is stupid not racist.

• Well there is some truth there. A lot of Asians do watch anime but you shouldn't assume that everyone does. :)

• It is not racist, just a stereotype..

• You probably do watch Duck Dynasty! ;p

• hmm I don't watch anime lol but i wouldn't think it is racist.

• well, I DO like Sailor Moon growing up.

• I don't think that's racist.

What Guys Said 11

• It's not racist.

You're making an assumption that based on someone's geographical location and therefore cultural norms, they would be more likely to do something created by the people who are from that geographical location.

It's just sound logic.

• But I do watch anime.

• The only cartoons I watch is Archer only because it's awesome.

• I don't feel offended :)

• That's actually sexist.

• how can that be racist?

• Sorta racist

• I suppose it's kinda racist but there's a pretty high chance that it's true, if they were born and/or raised in asia (as opposed to Asian parents giving birth in the west).

• Not racist, just stereotypical.

• That's sorta racist

• sounds more like a stereotype rather then raciest