Have you taken a polygraph test?

I'm going to be taking a polygraph test for a career change. I'm curious what your experiences are with the test.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have taken a number of them. From the very best. Be prepared, read up on them. They learn more from your answers before the polygraph than those during. They will lie to you and tell you you are hiding something to try and get more out of you. Keep your answers specific and make them ask specific questions.

Remember if they ask general questions like "are you hiding something", it tells them nothing but they are relying on you telling them things. Don't fall for it. Tell them I am hiding a million things, I dont always tell my girlfriend the truth, I am rude to other drivers, when I was six I stole candy... Please be more specific.

Don't let them manipulate you.

What Girls Said 3

• Nope, never taken one, all I got to say is answer with complete honesty and don't act annoyed or they will pick you up as decisive, if your wondering how I know all this it's because my future career will be in Foresnics and I currently have the knowledge to solve a murder.

• I never have.

• Yes, i'm a psychology undergrad and we got to play around with the polygraph in our lab to show us how utterly crap and useless the machine is. It's got like a 50% reliability, if someone isn't actively tricking the machine which is easy to do.

What Guys Said 2

• never... i don't even know wot it is o_O

• I have taken two of them. They are really easy. Don't sweat it.