My landlord is CRAZY?

My landlord is in financial crisis because he keeps buying properties. He says its our duty to pay him more money because he is struggling. My mom and I are on food stamps and badger care. We have no lease either. Now he is saying we have to pay him 1000 dollars from our taxes just because he wants it. He says we are "waaayyy" behind on rent. Which isn't true, we been paying on time since we came up with a rent price. Now he wants us to pay utilities even though he never mentioned it 7 months ago. The reason is because HE can't pay it and we should put it in our name. I was so pissed because it is a whole house and 2 other tenants live in the building. The downstairs neighbor controls the heat and the electric/ water is all connected. Why should only WE pay (he wants us to pay all of it)? (Maybe because we don't have a lease and the other neighbors do). Now he says we aren't cooperating and we have to get out in two weeks (he says over the phone NO COURT PAPERs!) and that we are confusing and should grow up. This man is a psycho! Any advice? Doesn't he have to get an eviction notice?

Do I have to pay him anything also?

Most Helpful Guy

• No one can (or should) give you legal advice over the internet. But here is a suggestion: Contact your state's Attorney General's Office, and ask to speak to someone in the consumer protection division about a landlord/tenant issue. They may be able to help you understand your rights.

What Guys Said 5

• You are in the wrong place to seek legal advice sweetie. You need to go see a lawyer immediately.

• There's usually some kind of local board that manages rent prices. I would contact them about it.

• Time to lawyer up.

• you need to ask a lawyer, not us. There is a free legal service on the web.

• HE sounds dangerous, I'd get out of there as soon as you possibly can.

What Girls Said 2

• One of the best options to do is to find a lawyer. I hope everything ends up well, for you:)

• wow im sorry for you!