In general: who have higher standards than the other?

• Men
    65% (13)30% (8)45% (21)Vote
  • Women
    35% (7)70% (19)55% (26)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Do you think the answer is different from one society/Culture to the other?

1|0
11|12

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 11

• Just remember that the "dad bod" is in now. Men can have literally any body type and be attractive. Men can be any age and be attractive.
    Women have to be able to 'act like one of the guys' ie not nag, complain, talk about stuff we like, like beer and sports, "not act like a typical girl"
    Nice tits, perfect ass, curvy but not chubby, not too old, not too skinny, hairless, look good without make up etc...
    Guys definitely have higher standards, guys just have to be nice.

2|1
    0|1
  • i think dudes have higher physical standards. girls have higher non-physical standards.

2|4
    0|3
  • I think men do.

1|1
    0|2
  • I'm thinking probably women.

0|2
    0|0
  • I think women do.

0|2
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|1
  • @keyspirits has no standards

0|0
    0|0
  • I think men do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Vote C: Both equally.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate to say it, but it seems like 80% of guys will DO anything whether it be good girls, thots, nerds, goths, dumb blondes, you name it.

So yes I think women have higher standards. We're way more pickier

0|1
    0|0
  • Women tend to have a more balanced approach. Looks + personality + other traits she values (intelligence, status, talent, money, common interests). A guy gets a lot of leeway to gain points, but also to lose them. A guy can be good all around catch, but if he's low in an area that matters a lot to her, he may be unattractive to her.

Guys tend to care mostly about looks with any of those other things creating just a small variable. So he has fewer criteria, but it means she either has the physical points he likes or she doesn't. She doesn't have too much wiggle room and often, can even be objectively attractive, but if she isn't his "type" he won't love her.

2|1
    0|1

What Guys Said 11

• hmm. i think women have more unfixable dealbreakers than men do. For instance... i don't know anything that compares to women's affinity to date a guy taller than they are. It's a dealbreaker for sooo many women to date a shorter man. Men can be picky in terms of what they want their ideal woman to look like, but most of the time, its something a woman can feasibly change with work (such as being overweight). So i dunno who to really pick here.

0|4
    1|0
  • Women. The average guy would fuck anything with a hole in it.

2|3
    0|0
  • guys BY FAR 8)

2|1
    0|2
  • Women by far. Women are way more selective when choosing a man, then men are with women. Yeah men are looks based, but if a man thinks a girl is attractive then it's a wrap. She has to do something really crazy to mess it up. Women on the other hand, don't just fall for looks, they have more of a selection process, concerning things like looks, personality, career, etc.

0|1
    0|0
  • I didn't vote because there are some guys like me who have adhered to very strict levels of standards while like my homie will take anything that walks or the other homie who has standards but are fairly normal. Women maybe be somewhat the same but I wouldn't presume to know for I am not a women nor do I think or speak for them; although I think it would be somewhat the same concept of it.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's definitely women who have higher standards. Usually they are what they accuse men of: driven by unrealistic standards shoved down their throats.
    Men, however, actually have kinda low standards in comparison to those women have, usually it's just a few traits that are important to them, and in most cases these traits can be found in many women around that man.

0|1
    1|0
  • I believe men judge women a lot harsher than women judge men so I'll say men have higher standards.

1|1
    1|3
  • Varies on the gender ratio I think. But all things being equal, men.

1|0
    0|1
  • woman do, but i do

0|1
    0|0
  • Men look for looks. Women look for money.

1|1
    1|0
  • When I see some of the trash guys hook up with, I'm pretty sure women do.

0|2
    0|0