Ever cry yourself to sleep because you feel lonely?

You could be cuddling or holding someone's hand but you're alone.

Most Helpful Guy

• When i was between 18 and 25 i would cry at times and i did feel lonely because i was beginning to think i would never find a girl to love and cuddle with. I had everything going for me, a great job and career, money, luxury apartment, and yet i so deeply longed for a companion to share my life with and would wake up everyday hoping that i would find her. Eventually i did find her and when our love for each other blossomed, i never let go of her because she breathed new life into me and mended my heart. Since then we are married and everyday feels amazing to me. The best part is i get to see her smile... i'd give up everything i own for her. Don't worry if it still hasn't happened and you should never jump into relationships... just be yourself and i pray that your loneliness goes away. We all go through it in our life... be strong

What Guys Said 25

• When I was depressed I did, many times actually. It was the best time to cry since no one was gonna bother me. I wasn't cuddling anyone though.
    I also used the shower time to cry since they couldn't hear me and I could blame the water and soap for the red eyes.

Thankfully I don't do this anymore, I don't need to.

• I'm sorry you had to go through that.
      Did you find someone?

• It's ok, it made me what I am, so it wasn't all bad.
      And yeah, well, kind of. I have a girlfriend, but I'm having some doubts; I know she's not the one.

• Many times between the ages of 20 and 27.
    My love life was nonexistent then. This had a substantial impact on my entering into my first marriage. That marriage was very destructive for me. The only good thing I got out of it was my son.
    The last two years of that marriage taught me that it can be even more lonely in a bad relationship than in no relationship at all.

Nine years ago I remarried. I haven't felt lonely since.

• Sometimes life is lonely but GaG is 24/7 if you ever feel like talking.

• Indeed. When my wife passed, I thought I'd never sleep again.

However, I believe it's as George Burns said of his beloved Gracie. "You cry and cry and cry until you stop."

Lately, I haven't done so.

• Yes been there many times it hurts to be lonely i do agree

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif Yes I have because I'm scared of being 70 and alone like Drake (sarcasm)

• I'm not that good at crying. But yeah, I suck at living alone.

• I know and even when you try to convince yourself that you're fine, deep down you know it's not true.

• Exactly! And it's so unhealthy too...

• Never well, not since I was 14 or so

• once or twice before

• It sucks but She's out there.

• Especially when I'm drunk. I laugh bitterly at myself the next morning.

• But yes sometimes hen I'm not drunk too... Not too often..

• Alcohol and sadness aren't a good combination.

• @BlueMax I don't approve of my habit, I think it will diminish in the long run. Or at least hopefully

• ahha no... even if i'm single and alone almost all da time... never been lnely :D

• Don't you wish you had someone to hold or someone who's going to play with your hair, make you laugh, spend time with you watch movies, share ice cream, someone who's going to admire you, someone to kiss in the rain or someone you're going to text when you're bored, someone to sing to, touch, someone who's going to look past your imperfections and fall for your goofiness and charm. Lol just went over board there but don't you?

• not at all... i'd rather have ma space :-)

• nope
    i enjoy my own company.

• I love being by myself sometimes but not all the time. There comes a time when you hear a love song or whatever and you think, 'I wish someone could look at me like that or hold me like that'.

• "Where did I state it was a permanent fixture?"
      You didn't. I'm not just talking to you. I'm talking to anyone who reads our exchange, including you. I don't really know you, Hephaestus (other than you're a good engineer married to Aphrodite). There are a great many who feel that people who are sad because they are alone have no cause at all to be sad, precisely because they feel people should be happy to be in their own company. I agree people should be happy in their own company TO A POINT (emphasis on the words, I'm not raising my voice). However, I have come to realize that enjoying one's own company can only take most people so far, and being very alone for prolonged periods can make someone sad no matter how much they enjoy their own company. Of course, there are differences between people. Some do better at being alone than others. To those who don't do so well, it isn't always their own fault.

• @Bluemax
      actually being happy and comfy in ones own company doesn't really have a point, in many forms of meditation, solitude is actually encouraged to gain enlightenment.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be sad because they ain't with someone, or all that jazz, of course folk do... it is ingrained into nourishing culture to seek company in friends or more.
      I'm just stating that those feelings (especially crying yourself to sleep) can be avoided by being at one with yourself.

• Oh lots.. I have depression all my life and no matter how many people I surround myself or even if I am in a relationship, I always feel alone for some weird reason...

• You are never lonely in this world (but it certainly feels different when you are ignored). The cells in your body number on the order of billions, there are bacteria all around you, and the stars always watches over each and everyone of us.

But if you ever feel lonely, it is very likely that someone else is feeling lonely so please keep that in mind. Try your best to always contact people even strangers who pass you by by just saying hi.

• Crying is for the weak.

• I'm not weak just lonely sometimes.

• "Crying is for the weak."
      Horse manure.

• Being a pompous ass is for the foolish.

Having emotions, acknowledging them honestly, and expressing them fully is normal, healthy and human.

No one wants to be a robot, or be in a relationship with one.

• Not from loneliness. I mean, I've longed to be with someone, yeah, but not to the point of tears.

• Nope, can't say that ever happened

• No I have not.

• Don't you wish you had someone to hold or someone who's going to play with your hair, make you laugh, spend time with you watch movies, share ice cream, someone who's going to admire you, someone to kiss in the rain or someone you're going to text when you're bored, someone to sing to, touch, someone who's going to look past your imperfections and fall for your goofiness and charm, someone who's going to pick you up when you're down. Lol just went over board there but don't you?

• Lol those are good things. But I don't feel lonely.

• @asker it's very natural and many guys feel the same way but in a male version. I'm sure you will find your dream guy someday soon.

• Thinking about that wouldn't put me to sleep.

• Yeah but sometimes you can't help but think.

• That does not feel like the real thing and it sounds a bit offish.

• Gotta keep going somehow mate :P

• Yes I have all too often lately.

I am alone in bed with my wife. We are not really connected at all anymore and I am lonely in the same house.

Time to move on.

• Never been lonely

• I personally haven't but I've known girls that do

• I do. Are you happy being by yourself.

• You don't count, you have a girlfriend.

• I dont have a girlfriend

• I did once when I was in highschool, I wasted a lot of time chasing her and she friendzoned me and dated my cousin who I introduced to within a week

• Sorry that was mean, you'll find someone and so will I.

• (insert obligatory remark about how the friend zone doesn't exist)

It's kind of awful when someone you like dates someone you know.

• nope i have my cat to cuddle with

• I don't cry anymore but ya I'm lonely as hell.

What Girls Said 17

• It has happened a quite a few times.
    ecx.images-amazon.com/.../81cpRAP1MZL._SL1500_.jpg

• Yup I have. Many, many times unfortunately.

• Hahahha yes. Actually. Yeah.

• Yes I have :(

• I have in the past.

• err... if i'm crying because i'm lonely it's because i'm actually lonely, not... figuratively, as you described.

• No I mean lonely, lonely literally.

• but you said you're holding someone's hand. how are you alone?

• No I meant I could be holding someone's hand but I'm not.

• Nope, my cat sleeps with me :)

• I did it today.

• No never, haha I doubt I even know what lonelyness feels like :p, I've always been more by myself so I prefer it like that :)

• Yes omg. Lately especially. I just hate going to bed alone but I know that it's in my best interest to get used to sleeping alone. After all... they say we are all born alone and will eventually die alone. Can't be that bad huh? Lol

• Mm, nope.

______

• yeah i think i have, but then again i've cried once because i thought i hadn't cried in a long time - it was all very confusing 0. o

• I have a fluffy, fat kitteh to hug so i'm good. :)

• Yes, often

• I'm not much for the crying. But I feel lonely yeah. *hugs*

• *Hugs* Patience is a virtue they say.

• Almost every night

• That's me.

• Yep that's what i hold onto as well

• One must make the future great.

• Pretty much every night.

• I'm with you.

• What are you doing to improve your life?

• I'm trying to be more outgoing and talk to more peopl.