How to get your boyfriend to stop ignoring you?

We've been together for two years, and he randomly ignores me when he needs his space. I'm afraid he's going to break up with me. He works a lot. He's been really stressed. I've already tried talking to him, I blew up his phone, and called him and no answer. What do I do? What do you think he's thinking?

Most Helpful Girl

• That happens after a while. My husband does that for days on end sometimes and it's so hurtful. Its not so bad if you are reassured enough. If you plan on calling or texting every hour, I can see that being an issue. One call or text everyday isn't bad though (I live with my husband though) If your blowing up his phone though, you sound like a psycho. I gave a girl I work with this advice and it worked in a few hours. DO NOT contact him until HE contacts YOU. It's called the silent treatment. Now hear me out on this. If you aren't talking to him, he will be wondering why you aren't blowing up his phone, which means he's thinking about you. Problem solved. Go out and do something and leave your phone on silent just whatever you do, don't talk to him until he talks to you.

• Makes perfect sense

• Even if I don't contact him, I feel like he's going to keep ignoring me. I appreciate you giving me actual advice and not being judgmental though. I will definitely take your advice. Some back story: we've been together for 2 years and for the past year, our relationship has been on and off. He works all the time and I know he barely has time for himself. A week ago he ignored me and showed up at my house, saying he was sorry and wasn't going to do it again. He said that he loves me and wants a future with me, he's just so focused on work, and me being demanding, he ignores me because he says its too much for him. I asked him yesterday in my array of messages if he just wanted to break up and he never responded to those either. I don't know how to justify his actions but getting ignored hurts. Every time we broke up, he always came back begging for me in two weeks. Do you think he's going to contact me eventually?

• That the same thing that happened to the girl I was working with. He was working like 10-12 hour days and she would text him every chance she got and he was pulling away from her (they were like mid-fight) and I told her not to contact him at all. It worked within a couple hours, because SHE changed her behavior and he noticed. Especially since you have been together for a while, he'll know something is up pretty quick I would think. Or he could be like one of my exes and be a "sweet talker" in which they say all these nice things but their actions say the opposite.

What Guys Said 3

• He's burned out and can't process anything you have to say. It's not that he doesn't care or doesn't love you or want time with you but that mentally he is so exhausted he can't function right. I've been there many times and it takes a toll on any relationship. Just let him know you are there for him when he is ready to talk and let him just wind down.

• it's up 2 him, and only then... guess he started 2 lose interest :-/

• Find a new one.

What Girls Said 3

• You should just talk to him about it and tell him how it makes you feel.

• I already did that and he agreed that he'd stop ignoring me, but then he just did it again.

• Stop trying to get his attention and he'll be running back.

If he doesn't, then it's probably not worth being in a relationship.

• We've broken up like 4 times before but every time we break up, he comes back after 2 weeks max. It sucks

• It's s bit more complicated than that. He wants me and I know he loves me, but he cares more about work than me at the moment and he even said himself that work was his first priority. He says he ignores me because he needs his space and doesn't want to make me mad. But I feel like he doesn't have the energy to even support me emotionally at the time.

• Yeah what she said

• He's thinking he doesn't want to think