GAGers: Who do you think would win almost every time? Batman, or Superman?

I know I had just posted a question involving comic book heroes, but this is big enough to be its own question. This is my opinion (that has been proven time and time again to be fact, but for the sake of the question it'll be an opinion):

Batman. Always Batman.

In sheer power alone, obviously Superman would outdo Batman. He'd outdo anyone. But powers alone aren't enough. Batman has the intellect, resources, and training.

Superman got his powers as a child because of the galaxy's yellow sun, but he didn't train for them. He just got them and gradually learned to control them while growing up. Batman traveled the world learning MANY different fighting styles (127 of them), languages, and academic subjects in order to reach physical and mental perfection. Batman has a database that's filled with ways to defeat and even kill every single member of the Justice League should any of them turn evil and betray the group and/or world.

He's beaten Superman more than once. Some of you will probably say "That's only because he used Superman's weakness against him, it wasn't fair!". Those who use that redundant phrase do not consider the fact that that's a perfectly legimitate way to win a fight, and that had he fought Superman without the Kryptonite knuckles, Superman would be using Batman's one weakness against him. Which is not having powers. So Batman has, in fact, beaten Superman in a FAIR fight. Many times.

Plus, think about it this way: Let's say Superman were to lose his powers and be reduced to that of a human. Not like how he is when affected by Kryptonite, nor be transformed into a human himself, just reduced to the same abilities as a human. Now turn the tables and give Batman the same powers as Superman. Being the extreme genius that he is, it is safe to say that he would surely master those powers in a fraction of the time it took Superman to learn how to control his. If any of those two scenarios were to happen, who do you think would win

I rest my case.

• Batman
  • Superman
  • I don't know
Update; Those scenarios I listed are two SEPARATE ones. I wasn't saying "Take away Superman's powers and give them to Batman, who would win?" That would be painfully obvious, and completely against the point I was making.

Basically: If Superman were to fight Batman, humanish to human, or if Batman were to fight Superman, demigod to demigod, who would win both fights?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• Superman's always struck me as a bit of a naive, not-the-brightest type. He should be able to take down Batman if he applied his powers intelligently and ruthlessly. He's got some very impressive abilities.

That's not Superman, though. Kryptonite isn't his only weakness - he's not brutal enough, not smart enough, and not willing to go that extra mile to win. Those powers give him a false sense of security, and that's why he always falls for that Kryptonite bit. I mean, he has -one- thing that gets to him and makes him vulnerable physically, and yet he can't seem to get around it?

Batman's much more vulnerable as a human, but he accounts for that and actively compensates for those weaknesses. Superman seems to just go about assuming he doesn't have any, and then is surprised when he's caught off guard again and again. It's just sad honestly.

• The fact that most of the fights between Batman and Superman were because Superman fell under some type of mind control and Batman had to beat some sense into him just makes what you said all the more sad.

• Yeah, he frustrates me lol. So much potential... and yet he keeps falling for all these ploys. Sigh.

• Batman he uses brain while superman uses brawn.

What Guys Said 6

• Batman would win, because he would have different tactics to take down superman to make up for his lack of supernatural powers.

• Superman

,,,,,,,,,,

• Superman can fly. All he has to do is just toss batman in the air and let gravity do the rest. Plus he has like lasers and shit right.

• If Muhammad Ali can beat superman so can batman

• I think DC has gone over this a few times and generally Superman wrecks Batman.

• Superman. Batman is just a normal guy in a really expensive suit. Superman has actual super powers.