Do you all believe some individuals are dealt a better hand of cards and some have to truly fight for what they want?

Alright, disregard the Kardashians and such, but do you all believe some people have life better based on luck/whom they know? Or do you believe dedication truly pays off and everyone has to fight for something at least once in your life?

• Yes
    78% (7)75% (9)76% (16)Vote
  • Not necessarily
    22% (2)8% (1)14% (3)Vote
  • Life is all about luck
    0% (0)17% (2)10% (2)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
2|6

Most Helpful Guy

• I have always intended to strive for excellence that won't change but luck is such a huge factor. Life is a slippery slope as well so luck often leads to more luck and being unlucky makes is harder to get lucky. The attitude of working for something is really making the most of your luck, so it's sort of both and you can't really separate them but I would put more emphasis on luck. Even having the ability to fight for something often requires some degree of luck beforehand in order to acquire that ability/option to fight.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Yes some people are dealt a better hand. My current boss has no experience in managing, sales or labor work. He got his job over someone with 12 years of experience because his college frat brother hired him. He is terrible at the job and every client we have hates him, but it doesn't matter because they won't fire him.

If you know people in high places your life is easier, that doesn't mean you can't achieve the same success but yes there Re many out there that have to work much harder for the same things.

0|0
    0|0
  • We all have to fight for something one day, life is all about fighting, but some people have better cards than others. For example, if you're born in a rich family, you'll have no money problems and that means you won't have many problems. You'll be able to eat as much as you want, live in a good house, and get a great education.
    I don't really believe in luck though, everything you do is a succession of what you've previously done with your life, but also what other's have done, cause in this world, it's not just what we do that affects our life, but also what other's do, that's why you gotta choose wisely who you are with, so after all, what other's do that affects you, is your fault too, cause you chose them.
    So yeah, basically everything is on our hands.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really.. you just have to make use of what your are given no matter what

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes, but what you are given is often a matter of luck... It's called winning the birth lottery.

• Oh definitely some people are dealt better hands than other lmao!
    Anyone who thinks different lives in a friggin bubble and should travel to a third word country.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i agree some have it easy in life while others got fight
    to get anything they want

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• When it comes to some aspects of life, you get places faster if you know the right people. That's just how life is, it sucks, but that's how it is. However some of the people who get places because of who they know, worked their asses off just to get on the radar of those important people.

I believe everyone has to work their ass off at some point in their life. Some are gonna work harder than others, but that doesn't take away from the value of the effort others have put forth.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course, that's life.

0|0
    0|0