Thoughts on people who want to committee suicide?

Most Helpful Girl

• there's a lot of people who say its cowardly to kill yourself. its cowardly to make someone feel so low they think thats there only option. its hard to have a two sided opinion on the matter. when you try to talk someone out of suicide you tell them about all the positives in life. if the gloves on the other hand there are no positives in life. you feel nothing will get better and its scary. to be stood on the highest building you know to be holding a bottle of pills. its terrifying.
    its always hard to stop someone. keep talking to them. when things got that bad people would say to me 'if its so bad now you feel its worth ending it then surely it can only get better, stay around for the positives and develop the negatives. nothing will come of ending it, give life another chance even if at times you regret it, you'll be glad you did'

What Guys Said 4

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif Hey if they want to "whack: themselves be my guest. But before they do it they should try to kill the source of the problem 1st if possible before they leave this earth. If not they've died a pointless death in my mind, since ___ will probably be bothered by the same problem as them.. and in the end choose the same escape route.

• Here are my thoughts on this. ...
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s04h71gIhAJm

• Its their choice, who are we to tell them no.

• have sex 24 times a day

What Girls Said 5

• Tips on *doing it*? Good christ, no. But I have a pretty miserable background with suicide because I lived with a guy who was manipulative and used speaking in suicidal ways and making weak attempts at suicide to get attention, or get what he wanted from people. So for me, I view suicide as nothing more than a bit of a selfish thing to do before I view it as an illness.

I mean no disrespect to those who are really going through tough times, but try and see where I'm coming from: a girl between the age of 22-25 living with her then 29-32 year old boyfriend who would do stupid shit all the time, making me angry - and when I reacted, he would lock himself in the bathroom with one of my kitchen knives and make himself bleed. Not any life-threatening way, I mean self-harm. It would scare me, I would back off from giving him shit for the original thing that upset me. Then he would talk about very dark thoughts, scaring me, all to then say, "Why are you so scared?" just playing games. If I was out and called home and there was no answer, I was terrified that he was unconscious or dead. I'd come home only to find he was listening to music on his headphones and get mad asking me why I'm freaking out over him not answering the phone. He did this to me constantly. He also stayed up late at night, speaking in tongues like some bizarre headcase, and exhale this sinister laugh while he did it. He would warn me that he would not be alive much longer. He did this constantly and used it against me whenever I said I couldn't go through it anymore. Finally after three years, I left him. The next day his parents found him in his apartment unconscious, he had overdosed on painkillers. He survived and I was grief-stricken because the blame all pointed to me for breaking up with him and causing it (so his family felt). NOTHING I did worked and NO ONE was looking out for me. The only person who really felt sadness objectively was his mom. I felt so sorry for her that he did all this and she nearly lost her son.

So you see, I feel nothing for the suicidal person. I feel for the victims they leave behind or the people they affect even if they survive. It's the families and loved ones who deal with the mess, and try so hard to help the person while they manipulate with their threats or try and find answers if they die. Sorry if this sounds unpopular or cold, but I feel nothing at all for someone suicidal. I feel for the families and loved ones who get hurt by it all.

• People who want to - cowards who don't know how to handle life (or are afraid to) and are okay with ruining their loved one's lives.

Tips on not doing it: don't do it.

• Tips? No!
    Please talk to someone about your situation, you have a whole life ahead of you sweetie :)

• Make them go to a psychiatrist.

• You have so much to live for. You are loved by your family and friends. Imagine what they would do if you died? How would they feel? Most of all, how would you feel if you let someone down that you loved?