Can I change my name on GAG?

If yes, then how?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, send a message to GirlsAskGuys and they will change it

• They wouldn't change it for me and I asked that like 3 weeks ago

• We're sorry but we do not change usernames anymore. Username changes create confusion among users. We suggest that you open up a new account with a new username. You can use the same email address on your new account if you cancel your currrent account.

Thank you for your understanding!

• @I_am_repulsive really? Then I'm lucky that I changed it before this

What Guys Said 4

• I think you have to call the admins, but I don't think they would change it for anyone any more. They are really strict about it now, unlike before.

• Sorry but they don't change peoples usernames no more

• If yes, then how? O

• You can't change it yourself; I believe you have to contact a site admin.

What Girls Said 2

• It can't be done anymore. As of a few weeks ago or so they decided it was becoming "too popular" of a request. You can go to Help then select Account, and look up "How do I change my username" to see their explanation of why they do not do it. All you can do now is create a new account, but that's it, you'll be starting from scratch with your Xper and question/opinion history. If you cancel this account it will be lost forever.

• That's shit! Too popular a request, you mean it was a feature people liked and they don't like it so stopped it.

• Yep here is what it says:

"Can I change my username

Unfortunately no. Recently we have changed our policy and do not allow username changes anymore. Username changes have been starting to become more and more popular and these changes have been creating confusions among users. So, no more username changes. Thank you for your understanding."

***

I can sort of understand why it's done. If people troll around and get a bad name for something, a name change could be one way of getting out of things unless people do some hard investigating in previous questions. It then saves the person's Xper if they've gained a lot.

What I find a lot of people here do is create second and third accounts. I have the worst time ever dealing with these phony little 1Xper accounts who run around the site with their trolling knowing full well they are people protecting their "real account". At least with a name change, people can figure things out.

• You think I don't wanna change my username? It literally means "liver" in Germany. Too bad it can't br done 😧