Explain please this quote to me?

explain please this quote to me?????

1|1
1|2

Most Helpful Guy

• “A young man who wishes to remain a sound atheist cannot be too careful of about the books he avoids reading" - C. S Lewis

I believe the quote you mentioned is about the masquerading nature of new atheism. There's a depth to that answer, that may or may not have been intentional but It acknowledges that deep innate desire for human beings to believe in the immaterial such as the soul, love, ethics and reason (something validated by the worlds largest study on the subject which concluded we are believers in God from birth until indoctrinated out of it).

Someone once said... the best way to get an answer on the internet is NOT by asking a question. But by giving the wrong answer and you'll find a million people attempting to correct you...

Atheists often have a deep rooted affliction with the idea of a creator, the result means that one has to be held accountable for their actions and also acknowledge that they aren't perfect. It provides a tangible framework for things that previously may be disregarded as nonsense, i. e the immaterial (or just accepted on baseless assertions as true). I. e such as ethics, objective truths etc.

Think of this quote in the simpler form, as to how when you tell a child not to do something, they'll do that very thing and be incentivised to do it. Even for the most devout atheist. You'll recognise that even for them, there is a deep fascination and interest in things their beliefs are not consistent with. Reality is not enough, there is a desire for mythical figures or superhuman characters that gain their fascintion that they can't explain why

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• You really believe in somethings anti-atheism but you dont want to admit and accept them so you say an atheist for yourself to cover them

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• That jut because you say you're an atheist doesn't mean you don't feel strongly about some things - about your beliefs - because your beliefs may constitute a religion in its own way.

0|0
    0|0
    • i. e., you may be religious and not even know it. But it's your own version of a religion.