What did you love the most about the place you grew up? What did you not like?

Most Helpful Guy

• What did you love the most about the place you grew up?

It had no minorities...

... so there was no ugliness of racial tensions. Ironically, that helped me grow up and NOT be a racist because I wasn't inundated with negative stereotypes of minorities.

What did you not like?

It had no minorities...

... so I grew up not having a strong awareness of the realities of being a minority in America such as the racism and poverty they face.

...

What Guys Said 1

• The place I grew up had snow falls every winter and temperature would be -22 Celsius night and -14 at day.

The place where I am living now I am half roasted at 41 Celsius. Soon i will be totally like a burnt chicken.

What Girls Said 4

• I could ride my bike anywhere. Including to a state of the art athletic facility where several Olympians trained for diving and swimming and to see concerts. I'm from the same hometown as Win Butler so I still ride my bike over to the Pavillion from my parents house when Arcade Fire plays there.

• there was this like... less than a foot wide space between my garage and the fence and it ran all the way behind the garage to this strange space between houses where no one had probably been in so long. it was nice having that spot... i also liked having large swinging gates for the driveway. i would stand on the bottom of the gate and kick off the ground and swing out haha.

• we had playing fields out the back gate. this was great i didn't sit in and watch tv all day i played outside and made dens and climbed trees. played football and got muddy. i had a really good childhood and now when i sit inside all day i get restless and i have to go outside for a bit. unless its cold and rainy

• That it was peaceful. Now it turned into a place where people rob and kill so I moved.