Does anyone always get mistaken for being older or younger?

People always say I look younger than I really am. Helpful in some circumstances. Mostly, it's inconvenient and annoying.

Does anyone else have any funny (or not) stories about being mistaken for being older or younger? How old do you think I look? Is there anyone who particularly likes/dislikes not looking their age?

Clothes and presentation make a difference. For example, when girls wear make up, they nearly always look older. I'm not wearing makeup in my profile pic; when I do, I definitely don't look as young as that.

Most Helpful Girl

• People usually think I'm older. My mum's client tried to hook me up with her son. She kept going on and, on about how he's in the military and, all this. He was like in his 20s. I was so confused why she was saying this while my parents were right there. I was like ummmm... I'm only 15. It's also always older guys that approach me.
    I think you do look your age but, could pass for younger. I don't mind "looking older".

What Guys Said 7

• I look about 16-17, to the point where when I buy things that require age 18 and up I've been told "you can't buy that, you're not old enough" before. It's annoying.

• Always younger. I usually get mistaken for 22-25 which is fine. I few weeks ago I got mistaken for a 20 year old by a 16 year old.

• I'm 29 and a half... people think Im 21 or 22.

• I've often been mistaken for both younger and older depending on whether I'm wearing glasses and what clothes I'm wearing.

• I'm not usually mistaken but when i am it's older a bit
    I'd say you look 14/15 that's why they tell you look younger

• I've gotten younger and older.

• I'm mostly mistaken for being older.

What Girls Said 10

• When I was a teen I bloomed before everyone, and people thought I was in my 20s. Now I'm 40 but I've been checked for ID and people who don't know me get surprised to learn my age because they think I'm in my 20s. I guess I have been looking like I'm in my 20s now for over twenty years.

• When I don't wear make up, everyone thinks I'm 15. When I wear make up, everyone thinks I'm 25 (and I don;t even wear that much make up), I really don't get it.

• people never ever get my age right, some say I look like 16 others say I look like 21 lol, the more make-up I wear, the older people usually guess me so if you're sick of looking younger just try using more make-up or make-up at all lol (I do that whenever I go out in the evenings)

• People often think I am old enough to be married or in a relationship with my dad... it can be annoying but I usually don't worry about it.

• everyone thinks I am 18 lol It is funny and I actually love it. You will be happy about it when you get older!

• Everyone says I look 16 lol which is messed up. I think it's because I'm skinny and have no boobs

• You look around 19 -20 to me. So, yes I always get mistaken for being older. This year and older guy on the bus said to what college do I go to and I'm like I'm only a junior in high school. Lol I felt so old looking that day.

• I get told I look 11 or 12. I wish I looked like a 16 year old.

• People mostly think im younger

• People always think I'm 16-18 when I'm only 14