Girls, Would it be wrong to start talking to my friends old crush?

One of my best friends had liked this guy named Bryan. He didn't like her back and everytime she likes somebody and tells them they either ignore her and end up liking me. When I don't even talk to them. I do think Brian is cute and would like to get to know him, even if nothing does happen. I have never told her I thought this stuff about him and I ask her all the time If she may like him and always says no he says he doesn't like her and only thinks of her as family. So since they don't have a chance together in that was would it be wrong or against girlcode to talk to him even if it ends up just as being friends?

11

Most Helpful Girl

• It's alright to talk to him and it's good to be friends with everyone, but I personally think it's rude and disrespectful to your friend if you date him or like him that way (in a "more-than-a-friend" kind of way) since you two are bestfriends and it's as if you don't respect her feelings if you date him or like him that way. Eventhough she might have said she doesn't like him or he said he thinks of her as family, who knows if one or maybe both of them are lying to hide their feelings? I, myself, tell my friends "I don't like him" when they're talking about a guy that I like, and if and ever they like him, too, or start dating him, I'd feel hurt eventhough it's my fault for not telling them that I liked him. The point is that maybe they're just saying that but they really don't mean it and may even like each other. It's better safe than sorry so try to play it on the safe side and not like him in that way and don't date him because you may lose your bestfriend and your friendship or lose the guy, too, so it's not a win-win situation. Do what's right. :)

What Girls Said 10

• Well... I'd feel kinda betrayed, but I AM sensitive...
    Maybe see how your friend feels about it first.

I had some guys that one of my best friends liked like me and not her. I declined their advances every time. I just feel like being loyal and respectful is important for a healthy friendship.

See what you think is more important to you right now.

Reminding you - relationships (especially at your age) don't last nearly as long or are nearly as quality as friendships are.

• She might be upset if you do.

• Girl Code. If you were your friend in this situation, wouldn't you like to be asked?

I would tell her how you feel and see what she thinks. If she's not okay, then I wouldn't make the move on him.

I think it's about respect versus selfishness.

• I wouldn't, maybe your friend stopped liking him because she noticed something but doesn't want to tell you.. I wouldn't go there simply because I wouldn't like any of my friends going with someone I had history with even if it was something as small as a crush so I wouldn't do that to any of my friends.

• if its nothing more than friends then its ok but if it comes to dating him that would just be a bitch move tbh sorry

• My best friend turned out to be a jealous bitch (not saying that I think yours is, I'm just saying you should be careful). And no, I don't think it's wrong. But I would check with your friend first.

• Talk to your friend about it first and check it's kokay

• Ask your friend first

• That would be wrong

• Bad friend, bad.