Is it true that time goes by faster as you get older?

I have noticed that this year is going by so fast for me but when I was younger it always felt like a year was forever. Is it like this for you?

• Time goes by faster as I get older
  • Time goes by slower as I get older
  • I preceive time the same as I did when I was younger

Most Helpful Guy

• I still can't believe I've been in the US for more than a year and a half, I feel like crying every time I think of it :(
    Yeah, time goes by extremely fast when you're older. When I was in HS I thought the days had too many hours, now I feel they don't have enough.

What Guys Said 8

• You have less free time... The day to day grind of adult responsibilities leave less leisure time. This means a year feels like it goes by in the blink of an eye... You get up and go every day and before you know it another year has passed and you didn't get to do all the things you would have liked to have done... When your a kid you have little to no responsibility. You get to do whatever you want when you want to basically so there just seems to be more time for everything...

• true dat

seems like yesterday when i was 18 LOL : O

• Actually I think it slows down

• 0|0
  • In a sense, I guess. When you're 16 you have only experienced 16 years and that's your entire life! When you're 30, your entire life is 30 years, so that's more time for the same thing.

• time is the same , universal law. of physics and maths ,

• It only goes faster if you don't remember what happened.

• yes. 5 years when you were 12 to 17 was forever. but not 22 to 27 has flown by

What Girls Said 2

• As you get older time seems like it goes by faster because our perception of it, changes.

• Like yesterday 3 years ago I graduated from secondary school/ highschool. I never thought that day would come and now it's 3 years don the line. I remember the day of my 13h birthday and in less than 3 months I am soon to be 21. It's crazy how time is flying by.