Can anyone explain the European Immigration crisis?

What is making the people go to Europe? How is it similar to the Immigration crisis in the USA? How is it different?

0|0
1|7

Most Helpful Guy

• It's simple.

People in third world countries who are in shitty living conditions want to go to places that have better living conditions.

Problem is, people leave shitty living conditions, but they bring with them the same habits that made their homeland so shitty to live in. They don't change.

It's like Piers Morgan coming to the USA and bitching that we need gun control. Thing is, they have massive, almost complete gun control in his homeland, the UK... and in the UK, they literally go arrest people in the dead of night for "racist" or "hateful" tweets or facebook posts.

www.businessinsider.com/in-britain-police-arrest-twitter-and-facebook-users-if-they-make-anti-muslim-statements-2013-5

See why Americans freak out at the idea of gun control? All we have to do is look over at the UK to see where it leads.

Or in the Euro cases, they're freaking out about muslims who will riot and kill people over cartoons or "honor kill" rape victims, coming to France, Germany, and UK, and doing it there.

0|2
    0|0
    • So pretty much it's like the American immigration crisis, only different players?

• Show All
    • Mexico wants to preserve their culture?

• That, or they just hate gringos. Either way, they have really strict immigration laws. Google it if you like.

What Girls Said 1

• People escape from wars, poverty and ridiculous mindsets. Locals make them feel unwanted. I don't think it's an issue in USA. Even if you're as white as a sheet, your ancestors were immigrants.

0|0
    0|1
    • Very true all of us in America have some form of immigration ancestory. There is no "pure" American. We are all of different origins

• Show All
    • Realistically, both church folk and evolutionists tell us that pretty much all people first came from the "Fertile Crescent" or an area in Africa...

Somehow, that won't stop Mexico from throwing your ass in prison if you try to immigrate there, even as they claim Americans are just racist!

• Also, @Asker, EU law states refugees must stay in the country they first arrived. That usually means Spain, Malta, Greece etc. I think all the countries should share the burden.

What Guys Said 6

• Well the immigrants/refugees from Africa tried to come to Europe from North Africa via boats.. However they are often times overcrowded and has to risk the Mediterranean sea. It's dangerous and recently there was a case where the immigrants died trying to cross (about 79 drowned i think).

Last year, I think about 1,500 - 3000 or more souls died (RIP)... Immigrants stranded in the sea will then have to be rescued. Example is the Italian Navy or Coast guard recently rescued stranded immigrants. It's a problem for the receiving country. As you can imagine it's difficult for a country to process all of the increased of undocumented refugees. Italy for example. Italy is often times made the 'backdoor' to mainland Europe .

I can't compare it to US because I really have no clue about it there but in Europe , the migration is via sea while in US it's primarily land border.

0|0
    0|0
    • America is mostly land /immigration, Many try to enter through Texas or California at the border. Cubans enter through Florida usually.

• Yes and and as usual the influx of immigrants cause tension.. The situation is fundamentally the same here and there in USA.. People come to US and Europe to have a better life..

• What @RationalMale said is completely correct.

People want prosperity, but they don't understand that prosperity doesn't come out of nowhere.

0|1
    0|0
  • They are fleeing Third World countries with no opportunities (Northern Africa), or civil war (Libya and Syria).

I would say it is different in that there is a very unpleasant rise of nationalism and xenophobia in many European countries. No one wants to take responsibility, so everyone is arguing about who should take them in, or how quickly we can get rid of them. It is sad to watch.

0|0
    0|1
    • I have always wondered why those countries can't be as developed as the US, Europe , Australia, and Canada?

• Show All
    • That would require absurdly good governance and a lot of patience. They would have to prioritize education heavily, and create full equality for women (this is apparently the fastest way of developing any nation). They would have to capitalize on their strengths and attract businesses. I was thinking maybe they could generate solar power in the desert. Plus there is a vast untapped tourist potential, mainly because of a lack of safety for visitors.

• Tukey, Morocco, and those countries do have good tourist potential. there's lots of history and landmarks we know nothing about. Even Iran at one time was very westernized and well thought of by Western culture

• It is mainly economic but a lot of the north Africans are muslim thus leading to tension.

0|0
    0|0
    • Like Libya and Morocco?

• Show All
    • Yeah turks were cheap immigrant labour and treated like dirt.

• They are still hated, I never knew why

• Europe is developed and other places are not. My parents were foreigners to America that had to earn how to assimilate it wasn't always easy.

0|0
    0|1
  • Same scenario. Different unwanted groups.

0|0
    0|0