Hey people! What do you think about socialists/communists?

I am an Anatolian (not only Turks are living in Turkey) and I want the best for my country, I know my country well enough and I'm a socialist. Our country has a big background about socialism and so many great young men were executed or killed. I sincerely support LGBT rights, poor people, African Americans and the races that are oppressed in Turkey. What do you think about socialists?

Most Helpful Guy

• Socialism is incorporated, to some extent, into any successful democracy...
    Social security, medical assistance, welfare, housing assistance, food assistance, disability payments etc are all socialist programs... We need them.

Communism is, in theory, amazing... In action, it's horrible and oppressive... Freedoms, culture, expression, behaviors, relationships... Controlled by the government is absolute insanity... Sometimes theories do not on out in real life. Communism is a great idea, but horrible form of government in reality.

• You explained it right but the thing that is put as a "communist" action is not actually communism, it is Stalinism. Communism, as it is told in the Manifest and the other communist books, was never put in action. The only perfect socialism is Cuba, we can say this even though people violently criticize Cuba. Socialism doesn't tell you to control every single step of people. This is unfortunately the remain debris of Stalinism. Socialism is the best system that has been ever thought and it is the system that adapts to humanity the most but people (especially capitalist bourgeoisies) don't get it

What Girls Said 2

• I think you're doing good!

• They are social and communal.

What Guys Said 6

• I don't agree with how they rule, but as long as they don't cross the line, again, I'm fine with them. Communism hasn't worked in any country, it's just a hypocrisy.

• Actually if you read Lenin's and Marx's writings, you'd have understood the fact that socialism is actually the best system for mankind. Just because Stalin ruled so called socialism by his perspective (which was in the WW2 and you can't expect a good socialism during those years) doesn't mean that socialism is a bad thing. Hypocrites are the capitalists and opportunists who betrayed socialism

• Oh god xD I'm gonna stop arguing with you cause you really don't know what's going around. Seriously, get informed first, then start an argument, cause you're just coming out as an ignorant. Really, look up Venezuela's standard of living and then come to me and tell me they live good and with no corruption.
      Until then, I'm not gonna bother arguing with you.

• You started to talk in an insulting way. Don't call people ignorant, whom you can't defeat. I know what's going around the world so good, don't worry about me. I know what capitalism is thanks to my own country. One of the most cruel capitalism is being experienced in Turkey. I know it more than someone does. I am highly informed about the WW2 and the socialist countries. Have you ever, ever heard something bad about Venezuela people? Have you ever heard them complain about something and want to destroy the socialist regime? Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez liberated their own countries, they are heroes of their own countries and the entire Latin America. Just because you live in an European capitalist system, doesn't mean that socialism sucks. Come to Turkey or less developed countries, see what capitalism is, and then talk about socialism :) But thanks for the debate anyway

• We have quite a few Anatolian settlers in Cyprus.

What I think of socialists/communists is that they have quite a weird belief system. They have limited understanding of how the world works. I like they're support for peoples rights and equal placement in the state. I also like they're beliefe about national states. I'm more of an anarchist type and take part in antifascist groups.

• You must be Greek comrade :) I admire anarchists in some points but in general, I have different point of views with anarchists but they also support socialists in race and segregation issues.

• better than fascists i assume :-P

• Communism is bad as it relies on the idea of there being only one person entrusted with the running of a nation/people but what if that person is corrupt or mad with power. Socialism is a nice idea but economically its a disaster, be a social democrat it combines the "for the people" attitude of socialism with the economic prosperity of capitalism, it is employed by the Scandinavian countries and is in my opinion the best political system in existence currently.

• ''Only one person entrusted with the running of a nation/people''

That's dictatorship

• By your point of view, Stalin was a dictator. If you accept this, you're right in some certain point but the dictatorship that you stated is not related to socialism at all. If you read socialist articles and books (Lenin's, Marx's, Stalin's books) you'll see that no one's aim is to be a dictator in a socialist country. Unfortunately "socialist" countries (Yugoslavia and other socialist countries are not socialists in reality) were ruled with dictatorship but they were all against the doctrines. If Marx had seen them, he would have said that he didn't tell them to dictate.

• But the point is its an "in an ideal world situation" in socialism someone always has to be on top and the most cut-throat person will usually rise to the top. Also communism is a branch of socialism, you must accept the bad with the good, just like I accept that free market capitalism is a part of capitalism, I hate free market economist but they are still apart of capitalism. Marx's was a political idealist, is was an idea, the idea was tried, it failed due to rampant corruption

• They are alright.

• Socialists are well meaning idiots.

• Hmm... So I'm an idiot according to what you've stated. It's a debateable thing :)

• In Turkey, the current government belongs to Justice and Movement Party (in Turkish, we call it AKP) and they were liberal right wing in the 90's but now, they are neo-Ottomanist and they simply make propaganda against Christians, Jews, homosexuals and any group that is contradicting to "their" Islamic thoughts. Those bigots are against abortion, they blame women for being raped... Anatolian socialists and Turkish nationalists (we call them Nazis) try to overrun AKP. And what you've said about Vietnam may be true. I believe you. But the reason why the Vietnamese bureaucrats have those luxuries is the same with the USSR bureaucrats. I told you this yesterday. The government was deformed after Stalinism. Stalinism was the main reason of the situation in Vietnam. The bureaucrat class owned almost everything in those countries but we are against this. This is not socialism, it's hypocracy and opportunism.

• I think you are trying to do the right things but I think you underestimate human greed. It happened under Stalin and it will happen again, and again. Good luck though.